Headphone Playoffs!
Jan 3, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #16 of 46
Can I have all the "bad" phones that don't win?
tongue.gif

I would say that if you want this to work, make the "best" more clear. Like "best midrange", "smoothest highs", "best for rock", etc....

On the other had, most of what I just said has been covered in a plethora of other threads
icon10.gif

Finally, not many people have heard all of the "good" phones, so most votes would just end up being heresay.

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #17 of 46
Good idea, but the execution will never work.

Just like a quarter back ain't squat without his offensive line, a pair of hd650s or <insert high quality headphone here> isn't worth a damn without all of the following:

A good music recording.
A good transparent source.
An Amp that synergizes with the headphones.
Good power.
A music lover that knows his/her music with enough intimacy to know the difference.

Jan 3, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 46
I will engulf you all in a sea of Koss clips and tear down the uprights!

Jan 4, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #19 of 46
unfortunately, most people who trash the sony v600 never heard the v600 before.......
eagerly awaiting shipment of my tushi 3960 special..woo hoo....all that for a measly subwoofer out....muahahahahahahhahah
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

unfortunately, most people who trash the sony v600 never heard the v600 before.......

unfortunately most who do have !
tongue.gif

(kiddin' man,don't beat me up.....
eek.gif
)

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #21 of 46
You, peoplez don't seem to get the FACT that this was supposed to be fun. You bittered it with your own agendas. The purpose was simply to see which headphone would get the most votes. If that means its a popularity contest so be it, then we will know for sure what is the most popular, if its a combination of popularity and ownership whatever. You need to learn to let something be what it is and not s*** on it for what it isn't. Not screw with it because you are sure you are superior in every way to those who thought it up. I"m not going to denney the fact that most people don't like the idea, but I am going to agnolidge the fact that the reasons where much too philisophicle, thats right you guys busted a nut over soomething that isn't that big a deal. Chill people, go out and have a DQ with a good lookin' person of the opposit sex and watch a good movie and then get back to me.
So looks like people think there would be no clear purpose to this idea so I'll give it up. I thought It would be neat and I am not ashamed that I still think so.

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #23 of 46
Seems like I'm prone to posting ideas and quanderys that others find unacceptable.

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
eagerly awaiting shipment of my tushi 3960 special..woo hoo....all that for a measly subwoofer out....muahahahahahahhahah
very_evil_smiley.gif

that is it the deal is OFF!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #25 of 46
I hope people do realize that my v600 post was a joke.

P and D, don't worry about. Most of us have made much bigger asses out of ourselves here than you probably ever will.
wink.gif

EDIT: Just read your post. Relax man. You're trying way too hard. And watch the language, you're getting too riled up. You really don't want people to think badly of you, trust me, it's not a good feeling.

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #26 of 46
I'm sure you know that when people go from posting "bad idea" to posting multiple times in dozens and dozens of words why they don't like your idea a fella gets very defensive, so i pulled back in my shell and am looking carefully around. Simple things seem to bring down so much blahhhh on me.

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #27 of 46
Do what everyone else does: suck it in. If you read the old, old threads, you'd see most of us have been in far worse situations. We all say stupid s**t. Just how it is. Next time you have an idea, think carefully before posting. Learn the vibe of this place, the do's and don'ts, and you'll be good. Consider the recent happenings to be your initiation into head-fi.

I do agree that one or two of posts in this thread are quite rude and just plain stupid.

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #28 of 46
For the sake of the community and not making enemys or anything I'll Join in...

What a stupid idea. I saw a forum do this once a few years ago and it was so stupid. The dern thing killed the forum. Not a good idea. Made everybody in the forum take sides and dislike everybody they had been friends with. Kind of like classism or gang mentality in an internet forum. Nasty stuff. The idea itself isn't all that bad, but putting people in with it, no way bub. You really should think more before you post these rediculous ideas and stuff P THe D. Maybe its just you and you can't help it, in that case take a communications class along with some classes in what is actualy interesting in life, them get back to us. Untill then, good luck with whatever measly existance you atempt to put forth...

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #29 of 46
I don't think you've really made any enemies. But now you're just gonna freak people out. Making fun of yourself this way is just gonna help alienate more people from you. You're taking things way too seriously. In a fe days, no one will even remember this thread. BTW, if you think head-fi has a mob mentality, you ain't seen nothing. I could point you to a few forums filled with a**holes the size of montana. They'll gang up on you, say the stupidest crap, then run like babies when you call them out.

Chill. It's all you gotta do. Go read a book or something. Dante's Inferno is pretty good.

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #30 of 46
Sounds good to me, I haven't read anything in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back