Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #16 of 95
Only 4 hours for these things? Dam

May 4, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #17 of 95
May 4, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #18 of 95
Pittsburgh Headphone Meet

Date: 10th June
Time: 11am to 3pm
Location: Stereo Stereo, Warrendale PA, 20 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh, easily accessible from I-79 and I-76.

Back by popular demand, and only 8 months after the first one, we are going to do another headphone meet in Pittsburgh,

Michael Klein, the owner of Stereo Stereo, has again graciously said that we can use his store for the meet.

Michael has been in the business for many years and is very passionate about Hi-Fi. He also carries some really nice headphones and equipment, being a dealer for Grado, Focal, Audeze, iFi, Hifi Rose and DCS. He also recently added Ferrum Audio, which I am excited to try out.

I will again be bringing my Schiit Bifrost 2/64 and Jotunheim 2, but will be adding my Nitsch Magni Piety amp, my Chord Mojo 2 and my HifiMan Arya Stealth.

There is no charge for the meet, drinks and snacks will be provided and all are welcome.

Michael runs Roon throughout his store and has multiple endpoints, so we can spread out and enjoy listening.

If streaming isn’t your thing, Michael has CD players and even turntables for the analog among us.

Do you have a headphones, headphone amp or DAC that you want to bring along? Feel free, just make sure to bring the cables!

If you have questions please send me a PM

Link to the old thread with some reviews and pictures from October.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hea...rgh-pa-october-22nd-2022.964473/post-17212134

May 4, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #19 of 95
When would you want DACs to arrive at the event?

May 4, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #20 of 95
Anytime from 11. There will be room to set up, and some of the stuff in the store will already be set up. Should be plenty of power strips as well

May 8, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #22 of 95
I am so tempted to take the drive from NJ. 6 hours though. I really want to come. I would have to stay over in a hotel. I've never been to Pittsburgh
Do it!!!! :)

May 8, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #23 of 95
I am so tempted to take the drive from NJ. 6 hours though. I really want to come. I would have to stay over in a hotel. I've never been to Pittsburgh
There are hotels close by and easy to get to and from Stereo Stereo. It's about a 20 minute drive to downtown Pittsburgh if you want to see the city.

May 8, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #24 of 95
If you want recommendations for places to stay, things to do, places to eat, I'm sure that our little group can make some suggestions.

If I didn't have a concert later that night, I'd offer to show you around. Going to see Valerie June down at the City Winery in the old Terminal building.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #25 of 95

You should come! Pittsburgh is a beautiful city. I have a friend in NJ who tried to convince me to move there.........dunno. My rent is low and I get to walk to work, walk downtown. Hard to give that up for $1,800 a month NJ rent :wink:

May 15, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #26 of 95
Man I’m upset I can’t make this. I agreed to visit a friend in Philly. You guys have some serious serious gear coming here… Also would have liked to meet the owner of the store. Nice of him to do the meet again.

You guys have a great time and I’ll try to make the next and bring my gear

May 17, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #27 of 95
Man I’m upset I can’t make this. I agreed to visit a friend in Philly. You guys have some serious serious gear coming here… Also would have liked to meet the owner of the store. Nice of him to do the meet again.

You guys have a great time and I’ll try to make the next and bring my gear
That's a shame! I'm sure we'll be doing another one

May 17, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #28 of 95
May 19, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #29 of 95
I would join! Will drive over from Ohio. I will bring my topping ex5 and verum 1 headphone. Which is my "on the go" setup. Should I bring the Chromecast audio too? It is a nice streamer with toslink output. But I am not sure if I can get it setup...

May 19, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #30 of 95
I would join! Will drive over from Ohio. I will bring my topping ex5 and verum 1 headphone. Which is my "on the go" setup. Should I bring the Chromecast audio too? It is a nice streamer with toslink output. But I am not sure if I can get it setup...
We are presently good for streaming endpoints, Stereo Stereo is setup with Roon and well have a bunch of Pi's and other streamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back