HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
Jul 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #466 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all, audio noob, Have a pair of hd280s (7 years old) running off a titanium HD and looking to upgrade. I'm excited to hear and learn all the combos and hear everyone's opinions on their setups next saturday. I hope it helps my decision for my next purchase. Been leaning towards the mad dogs and magni as the next step and when i saw they are in the show i was sold already. Do they sponsers sell their hardware at these type of events? Sorry for the questions this will be my first meet up and show.  

I'm sure you can buy the Mad Dogs at the meet, since Dan brought some last time.

----

Side suggestion to Dan: I think you may want to try making limited edition Mad Dogs specifically for the occasion. That'll definitely boost traffic to the meet! And I'd definitely love to buy a pair of CAS limited edition Mad Dogs for my Dad, even if it's just some extra letters painted on the ear cups. I've been dying to pull him away from the ATH-M50.

Ask Dan Bill! He's a great guy. 

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #467 of 645

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. Maybe I'll shoot him a message.

The reason why I'm hesitating is because my dad has heard the W1000X, and he has already expressed interest in having one for himself. I haven't done any comparison between Mad Dogs and the W1000X, so I'm not sure if he'd like the Mad Dogs as well.

If it turns out my dad still prefers the W1000X, I think I'd try to get another one and try to replicate the same mods that I did to mine.

I wouldn't want to suggest something to Dan and then end up not getting it from him. :xf_eek:

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #468 of 645
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. Maybe I'll shoot him a message.

The reason why I'm hesitating is because my dad has heard the W1000X, and he has already expressed interest in having one for himself. I haven't done any comparison between Mad Dogs and the W1000X, so I'm not sure if he'd like the Mad Dogs as well.

If it turns out my dad still prefers the W1000X, I think I'd try to get another one and try to replicate the same mods that I did to mine.

I wouldn't want to suggest something to Dan and then end up not getting it from him.
redface.gif

Hm. What are you leaning towards?

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #469 of 645

It's up to daddy, really.

I already heard Mad Dog (I think 3.0?) back at the February meet. And I know I'd personally choose the W1000X over the Mad Dog since I still like a bit more sparkle up top.

But I still have my reservations since I know Dan has done more tuning since then, and people's comments sort of push me to consider one again.

Plus I know from my experience with modding the W1000X that small modifications can cause pretty big changes.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #470 of 645
Quote:
Xero, I asked Jason for you, and they do not sell their gear at meets. I'm sure you could order a Magni and just ask him to bring it to you at the show.

Thank you for asking! Makes me want to just order it but i was going to to the show to listen to them first lol. Its a big jump for me since the only amp i have is the fiio rocky. Since i use my vsonic vsd1 iems and the hd280 is lower impedence i wanted to make sure they were ok with magni before ordering or make the jump to an asgard2 since it has the gain setting.  

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #471 of 645
Quote:
Quote:

It's up to daddy, really.

I already heard Mad Dog (I think 3.0?) back at the February meet. And I know I'd personally choose the W1000X over the Mad Dog since I still like a bit more sparkle up top.

But I still have my reservations since I know Dan has done more tuning since then, and people's comments sort of push me to consider one again.

Plus I know from my experience with modding the W1000X that small modifications can cause pretty big changes.

Ah, cool man. Best of luck to you.

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #474 of 645
Okay, so here's what my gear list is looking like at the moment:

1. Woo Audio WA7
  2. Pioneer SE-A1000
  3. Perfect Sound dido d901
  4. Denon D7000
  5. Denon D7100

Is there anything in my profile that anyone is SUPER curious about (within reason of course)?

I'll need a source though, probably going to hijack HiFiGuy's MacBook again. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #475 of 645
Quote:
Okay, so here's what my gear list is looking like at the moment:

1. Woo Audio WA7
  2. Pioneer SE-A1000
  3. Perfect Sound dido d901
  4. Denon D7000
  5. Denon D7100

Is there anything in my profile that anyone is SUPER curious about (within reason of course)?

I'll need a source though, probably going to hijack HiFiGuy's MacBook again. 
biggrin.gif

I didn't know you had a WA7, Warren. I wish my BH Crack + Speedball would be coming in time, but its not
size]

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #476 of 645
Jack was very kind to loan it out to us for the L.A. Meet, so that people could hear it.  So technically it's a loaner/demo thing.  But I like the thing so Ima buy it. 
smile.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #477 of 645
Quote:
Jack was very kind to loan it out to us for the L.A. Meet, so that people could hear it.  So technically it's a loaner/demo thing.  But I like the thing so Ima buy it. 
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #479 of 645
Quote:
We also may be able to have a few Oppo BDP105 to use for the meet if anyone want to use it as a source

I'd love to use it as my source, I do not have one for the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back