headphone looks and aesthetic appeal
Sep 25, 2002 at 9:30 PM Post #31 of 44
I thought they were gardening implements.

Sep 25, 2002 at 11:02 PM Post #33 of 44
An image is worth 1000 words.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2002 at 11:03 PM Post #34 of 44
An image is worth 1000 words.
smily_headphones1.gif

f_pioneer_hdj1000.jpg

Very nice looking imo. But I must admit the W2002 are pretty
classy looking, though.

To Mods : Let users delete their own posts, I couldn't delete the
double post
mad.gif

Sep 25, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #35 of 44
Well - these are the most impactful (looks) phones I have. Comments on the page - Geocities doesn't allow me to link to pics?

http://www.geocities.com/magicthyse/rpfda100.html

It's really hard to say how good phones look where they should be - on the head. I have yet to see a phone which, on the head, makes you go "wow, now that is classy". The W2002's, if they re more squared off than the A9X as I commented on before, should be pretty damned closed to 'wow'.

Sep 25, 2002 at 11:27 PM Post #36 of 44
Magicthyse
Those Technics are some funky phones. They look like something you'd expect to see in Magic Knight Rayearth or some other shoujo manga based anime. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Sep 25, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #37 of 44
I'm mixed on the HD 600. One the one hand, I do like the "marble" look better now than when I first got them, and think it looks better than the HD 580 (which looks like cheap plastic). I also like the black metal grills (as compared to the plastic grills of the HD 580). On the other hand, gloss black would look MUCH better than "marble" and the worst thing about the HD 600 is the ugly aqua blue square "button" on each side.

P.S. I've seen several pairs of HD 600 that have different shades of "marble" -- mine are black and dark gray, but I've seen some that look bluish.

I also think the MDR-V700 look kind of nice, but the fact that I would never waste 1/4 of what they cost for such a pile of junk shows you how much value I put into looks
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Magicthyse
They look like something you'd expect to see in Magic Knight Rayearth or some other shoujo manga based anime. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Show Joe what? Um... I'll take your word for it.

EDIT: Google is a wonderful thing.
http://www.mahoushoujo.net/definition.html
Pretty freaky.

FURTHER EDIT
You're not hinting that I look like this, are you?
sakura02.jpg

(Although if I did, my comfort incompatibility with the HD280 would be fairly easily explained...)

Sep 26, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #40 of 44
I was thoroughly impressed by the engineering that went into the V700, and the fact that this was done while making the headphone very cool-looking (although not classy - so depends on what you consider 'good').

This bit is my favourite bit of any headphone that I have. It's just so well engineered and constructed, and it shames other phones.

The DT250-80 in comparison for example is built like something that came from Japan in the 60's. It's sound rescues it, but not by much in terms of value.

Sep 26, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
Moe Larry CHEESE ! Moe Larry CHEESE !
biggrin.gif

NO!!! Roquefort.

Sep 26, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
I was thoroughly impressed by the engineering that went into the V700, and the fact that this was done while making the headphone very cool-looking (although not classy - so depends on what you consider 'good').

This bit is my favourite bit of any headphone that I have. It's just so well engineered and constructed, and it shames other phones.

The DT250-80 in comparison for example is built like something that came from Japan in the 60's. It's sound rescues it, but not by much in terms of value.

Agreed. I've seen something like that before, can't remember where, but it certainly wasn't on a pair of headphones.. Might have been some metalwork project I made somewhere.
Are there any ball and socket headphones out there?

Oct 1, 2002 at 12:14 AM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Best: AT W2002
Honorable Mention: AT Ti100

Worst: AKG K1000
Unhonorable Mention: Grado SR series

Pretty much my thoughts -- except that I would have put the Jecklin Floats in second-to-last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back