Headphone History Thread
Oct 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

flapjack009

New Head-Fier
Not long ago I abandoned my buds, and have since taken interest in better sound and the quest for quality headphones. I am a firm believer in trying to get the most out of your music collection. Everyone likes music, but using high end equipment can make the listening experience way better if you are willing to make the investment.

So as i was saying, I've just started my small (small is an understatement) collection of headphones and was wondering how others have gone about making purchases to find the perfect pair that suits your taste. In my case, I don't have much of an income so I started with a cheap $50 pair of sony headphones and have recently moved up to a pair of V-Modas ($110), which are significantly better. Eventually i would like to move up the ladder and get myself a higher end pair that sounds amazing, but I am trying to take it slow and really compare different products before i even think about making another move.

How did you guys build up your collection of headphones? Are there people who go out and purchase a $500 dollar set right off the bat? Where did you start and how many sets have you bought before you found the "holy grail" (your favorite pair)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back