Headphone Hair
Sep 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ACE of SPARTANS

New Head-Fier
Anyone know of any ways to deal with it? A lot of people say cut your hair short! But when mine's short, it sticks up, so that's really the only time it's noticeable, if I grow it out again, then it's not a problem, but I don't want to have to do that.

I'm considering wearing a beanie while I listen (for the autumn/winter at least), do you guys think this would work? What about one of those loose, 'slouch' beanies? I'm not sure if they have enough fabric to keep the headphone band from flattening your hair.

Any other solutions?

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 8
For the longer hair, do you mean that impression that it leaves on the top of your head when it flattens your hair where it sits? You could try wearing the headphones a bit more loosely with the adjusters slid out more (I prefer it this way if the headphone has a decent grip already; it makes it looser and more relaxing). Another one would be to wet (how wet is up to you ) your hair after wearing them and drying it with a towel afterwords.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 8
Eww I would never wear my headphones with wet hair, don't want soggy pads on my HD600s : )  I would say go bald or get a buzz cut.  That's the only way I can get rid of my headphone hair, loosening the headphones looses the seal/degrades audio quality and wearing a hat (although it might work) seems really uncomfortable.  

Plus when you have really short or no hair headphones sound 10x better in my experience.  That's my favorite part about getting a haircut. 

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 8
 Another one would be to wet (how wet is up to you ) your hair after wearing them and drying it with a towel afterwords.

tongue.gif
 perhaps you didn't see this, my good chap. 

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 8
  We all know that the more hair you have, the less soundstaging and imaging properties your head has.

Did you consider a re-hairing? I found that with full silver hair, the bass becomes richer and the musicality goes up a notch.

biggrin.gif

Thankfully there are on-ears for the hairy ones.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back