headphone for pda
Oct 25, 2001 at 7:40 AM Post #16 of 19
BTW, the V600 and the UR-30 sound MOSTLY the same. Each has it's own strengths..... For example, the 30 has bass extension, which the V600 doesn't.

but, all and all, the sound of a $30 set of headphones is about the same as the sound of a $100 set of headphones.

How about on-ear headphones? The UR-30's are *huge*. Anyways, the UR-20's and UR-30's are mostly the same, except the 30's fold, and the 20's sound a little better.

I'd think that something more modestly sized would be better. However, there aren't many good small closed headphones.

Namely, the Sony MDR-EX70LP in-ear earphones (earplugs, basically), and the Sony MDR-V6 studio headphones. The UR-20's and UR-30's are HUGE. Even the UR-30, which folds, is still pretty big. Anyways, the 20's and 30's don't block out as much sound as the V6's do, and the V6's have WAYYYYYYYY better sound quality.

Sound quality scale of closed headphones for cheap: Koss Plugs < UR-30 = MDR-V600 < UR-20 < EX70LP < Denon AHD-210 < Denon AHD-350 < MDR-V6

So, if you want closed, under $100, blocks out a lot of sound, can fold, isn't an earphone, and can travel well, you only have ONE headphone. Sony MDR-V6. Those two denon's? They have build quality problems.

Remember, my info is hearsay.

Oct 26, 2001 at 3:08 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
Don't even consider the MDR-V600's.

you didn't actually BUY THEM, did you? if you did, return them, IMMEDIATELY.

I wasn't reccomending them...just using them as an example that they were harder to drive.

I received them as a gift 4 years ago. They've held up quite nicely despite a lot of abuse as my primary headphones.

I suppose I'll be more enlightened when my HD600's get here next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back