Headphone for gaming? Bass Clean High ?
Dec 16, 2015 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bonami2

Head-Fier
Hello :)

Well after getting a cheap gaming headphone Steelserie 3h v2  about 1 years ago... I was getting tortured by that thing that seem no have no low end... And the mid sound like crap.  And it ways too small

So im looking to ugprade...   Just tweaked the crap out of the steelserie to make it sound ok and now it muddy but listenable.......

Read about the sennheiser gaming one the open design..

But i want bass + soundstage... And my hearing is sensitive to very high frequency a bit

I think the sennheiser would have a signature like the monoprice 8320 i have...  Pretty much mid and high only.

I like that for some music but for all around it aint good.

My Mee Electronic m-duo Seem to be good for everything but are a bit harsh with gun shot.

Any idea what kind of headphone under 250$ canadian would be good? Being looking at the m50x but they says soundstage is inexistant ?

i just want something good for Arma 3 to help myself not become crazy since developper put truck sound  and or wind noise in the background that make me always think something is coming but it aint..

I play ton of game too and expect to get a Oculus rift when it will be released.

Thank you :)

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 15
The dt990 has a nice v shaped sound you might like, the premium version comes in 32ohm and the pro in 250 ohm.

I like the pro head band more than the premium but the pros should be amped to get the best out of them.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 15
The dt990 has a nice v shaped sound you might like, the premium version comes in 32ohm and the pro in 250 ohm.

I like the pro head band more than the premium but the pros should be amped to get the best out of them.

Yea i heard great thing about those but it seem in canada they are ways over my budget.  300-400$  :frowning2:

Thank you :)

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 15
Yea sorry no idea what things cost there, they can be had for 200 usd thought it might be similar

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 15
Yea sorry no idea what things cost there, they can be had for 200 usd thought it might be similar

Yea well still happy to have advice :)

Any idea if How do open back design let sound in ?  I mean I have pc fan that may make lot of noise on some occasion and the case is at like 1-2 feet of me

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 15
Open will let the fan noise in a bit. Not relevant for music since your cpu and gpu should be down clocking at that time.

As for when gaming I could hear my 290x fan with my rig on the floor under my desk when I was using my hd650s during quiet parts of games. But that was a very loud card.. I hated it even after integrating it into my water loop; it was never stable but I digress. Open headphones and their increased sound stage and separation are nice for positional cues in game. I have dt770pro 250s and I notice a difference. And the senns or at least the ones I have aren't as good as other open headphones for gaming.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 15
Open will let the fan noise in a bit. Not relevant for music since your cpu and gpu should be down clocking at that time.

As for when gaming I could hear my 290x fan with my rig on the floor under my desk when I was using my hd650s during quiet parts of games. But that was a very loud card.. I hated it even after integrating it into my water loop; it was never stable but I digress. Open headphones and their increased sound stage and separation are nice for positional cues in game. I have dt770pro 250s and I notice a difference. And the senns or at least the ones I have aren't as good as other open headphones for gaming.

Yea those 290x   Was a reference ?    I only i have 2 7950  one of them is mostly 24/7 at 70% and it dual fan so it not really noisy.

But i just realised that after listening to music my ear seem to have reduced they sensitivity a bit so even without my headphone the fan arent really making noise

Well i all my life i had fan near me when sleeping so it almost part of the background of my room ahah

Ok great :)  Well i see on amazon they are the akg k240 for 130$  They are open.  Gonna google more :D

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #8 of 15
Well just realised open back probably cant really produce bass.

So m50x may be one of my choice but they pricey at 200$ white 220$ black

poor steelserie  Im pushing the driver hard as crap with my corsair remote if i continue like that im gonna blow them up 
basshead.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 15
  Well just realised open back probably cant really produce bass.

This is not really accurate. There are open back headphones that have very nice bass my 650s for example or the dt990. Its all down to the manufacturer..

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #11 of 15
Fidelo x1 if you can go little more around $290 then the fidelio x2

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #15 of 15
Uh enabled my mobo suround thing and it do nothing it seem..

But i enabled 5.1 in Insurgency and it sound 4x better it seem..  Gonna try with the mobo thing disabled...

Edit:  Oh yea missed to install Creative software with my recent windows install ahaha gonna look for this

Still need to find a decent upgrade and the Superlux are really looking interresting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back