Headphone (Edm/gaming) confusion.
Jan 5, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #31 of 34
Don't compare v-moda to those I mentioned. The only thing you hear on those are bass :) It's totally different. But in the end it's up to you.

You could also have a look at the AKG series if you're not feeling for the others. But I dont know them.

Makes sense, I am just getting into this audiophile world. I feel like I've learned a lot over these past 5 months on this forum and others. I purchased m100's and I love them, for music, but they are terrible for gaming in my opinion. My concern with the akg's are many people say they are bass lite, I dunno if I can deal with that. When I hear grenades or rocket launchers I want them to be bassy but not like the m100's where that's all you hear.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #32 of 34
Makes sense, I am just getting into this audiophile world. I feel like I've learned a lot over these past 5 months on this forum and others. I purchased m100's and I love them, for music, but they are terrible for gaming in my opinion. My concern with the akg's are many people say they are bass lite, I dunno if I can deal with that. When I hear grenades or rocket launchers I want them to be bassy but not like the m100's where that's all you hear.

In that case go with what I mentioned first :wink: That is also the reason why I stayed away from AKG.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #33 of 34

In that case go with what I mentioned first :wink: That is also the reason why I stayed away from AKG.

Doing some research as we speak between the DT990 pro vs premium and the fidelio x2. I have eliminated all other options exept for the sony ma900 which seemed to be very good for gaming and apparently the most comfortable headphones ever.

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #34 of 34
I've heard very good things about the asus xonar essence STX soundcard for both gaming and entertainment purposes. I do not own nor have tried one myself, but I think using a soundcard with dolby headphone feature (or something similar) will be better for gaming, especially in a FPS.

And yea comfort is very important and since we all have different heads,if you have the opportunity to try whatever you're buying, do so first. Just stay away from the gaming headsets.

Also, if your boom mic can't be used with what you decide to buy, you could consider the Antlion Modmic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back