Headphone dust cover
May 16, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 22
I'm sure a cloth pouch should do fine
wink_face.gif

May 16, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 22
A few years ago I had a cover made for my tube amp, screen, printer and key board very cheap by a local upholsterer. Too bad I didn’t have the same made for my headphones on their stand, nice idea, maybe next time around for me. For now I keep them clean with a cloth and use tape to remove dust from the pads.

May 16, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #6 of 22
^ Given the contents, I don't think anything less than a de-humidifying, sealed camera equipment box will do 
wink.gif

wiktor, I see you have the my favorite audio tweak middle-top 
beyersmile.png

May 16, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #10 of 22
These would work if you just concerned with the driver housing.

http://www.scansound.com/headphone-covers.htm

May 16, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 22
Is dust cover really needed for STAX phones? I just let mine sit on desk and I know my home is dusty as hell.... Should I be worried?

May 17, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
A plastic bag?

You should know by know that a plastic bag is automatically inferior to other dust covers by virtue of being free. In fact, we can infer from headfi that the efficacy of a dust cover is in fact directly proportional to its price. Honestly, what sort of self respecting audiophile are you?
rolleyes.gif

Incidentally, can I interest you in a 4 oz. (120 ml) bottle of "audiophile grade" dihydrogen monoxide? Nothing cleans your headphones better. A perfect accompaniment to your new expensive dust cover. Introductory price of $40 per bottle.
wink.gif

May 17, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:
You should know by know that a plastic bag is automatically inferior to other dust covers by virtue of being free. In fact, we can infer from headfi that the efficacy of a dust cover is in fact directly proportional to its price. Honestly, what sort of self respecting audiophile are you?
rolleyes.gif

Of course the audiophile headphone covers are better. The others don't look as good
tongue.gif
It's a headphone cover for my display stand, of course it has to look bloody good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back