headphone, durable, blocks noise, <100 dollars?
Oct 31, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 36
You know, I came here for a very similar reason as the original poster here, except I'd like some earbud/over ear typed, not the over head. I was looking into the creative aurvana earbuds, but I haven't decided yet. What would be your people's opinion?

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 36
Nov 2, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #20 of 36
i just wanna rebump the thread here because i'd still like some input on comparing the noise isolation of the ath-es7's and the sennheiser hd280's, since it kinda looks unlikely that ill manage to find hd-25's cheap enough for me to buy.

as well, as always, i'm still accepting new suggestions

Nov 2, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #21 of 36
actually now that i think about it i wouldnt mind knowing how the noise isolation of the es7's compare to akg k26p since thats sort of my reference for noise isolation

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #23 of 36
thanks!

after looking into both of those i've been left sort of weary of the denon's because of the sheer number of threads of mods done (im not very handy and dont wanna have to try half of those recablings / moddings :p). those ANC7's seem like they'd be good though, has anyone compared their SQ to ES7 or HD25?

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #24 of 36
The ES7s isolate way, way less than the AKGs.
The ES7s, like the D1001s are fine indoors, but don't do well outdoors with traffic noise, etc.
You don't have to mod the D1001s for them to sound great.

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #25 of 36
I'm actually in just about the same situation as you, with the same references. I had AKG K 26 Ps for my daily (loud) bus ride, I lost them, I got a pair of Grado SR-60s (with bowl pads, so they were effectively Grado SR-80s) and they broke on the bus (not to mention the lack isolation made me kill my ears to listen to them).

I looked around, and what I'm getting is the Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 with the HPP5 case. They should be coming in a week or so, so if you haven't decided by then, I'll give you a full comparison of the ES7s to both the AKGs and the Grados (though it can't be side-by-side, as I don't have either of them anymore).

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #26 of 36
wow thanks, man. i am curious as to how the es7 isolation compares to the k26p's, but i imagine ill have to end up getting the hd25's (as if thats a bad thing
biggrin.gif
)

and im sorry to hear about your grados
frown.gif

edit: ****, i only just noticed that jonathanjong already answered saying that the es7 isolate less than the akg's - i have no idea how i missed that. sorry bout that :p

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #27 of 36
alright well thanks for your offer charlie, but it seems that the es7's aren't for me.
looks like im going to pick up a pair of ATH-ANC7's (unless someone posts up some hd25's for <150 sooner) seeing as i need more noise isolation than the es7's and denon's offer, and im planning on getting a zune in the not so distant future making hd280's a bad choice (no EQ).
heres hoping i dont get hit by a truck with the NC on :p

and to end this post as i have ended basically all others - im still open to new opinions and suggestions

Nov 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denon AH-NC732

i didn't find much on them, but it seems that they're not seen in very favorable light. is that fair to say?

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #30 of 36
I heard that the Fiio E3 can make some trebleier headphones sound better, and is especially good for larger headphones.
Does Head-fi think i should pick one up for my ANC7's (i havent gotten them yet, and i dont know how they sound yet) , or do people seem to think it has a negative effect on them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back