headphone, durable, blocks noise, <100 dollars?
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #33 of 36
thanks for the input, but, im sort of irked by IEMs and wouldnt want them to be my main headphones... ever...
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #34 of 36
I'd like to join in on the thread aswell.
I've had a pair of Sony MDR-D66 for several years now. They have been with me where ever have gone. I have repaired them a couple of times, resoldering wires and stuff.
But now they are about retire, and I need a replacement.
I've liked the sound of the D66s quite good. Perhaps a little weak bass. They are not really insulated, I would like some more insulation from outside noise. I have loved that the D66s are foldable. I just put my little iRiver S10 in between the earcups, fold them, and then tie the cord around them. Makes it a nice little durable package to just throw into my backpack without having to worry about them breaking.

I kind of need the same things as Zida. Noise insulation and durability. I'd love if they were foldable. I'm not really fond of using a pocket amp to power them. My budget is something like 100-150 euros. That's like 120-180 USD.

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #35 of 36
it seems that basically all of the Head-Fi favorites have already been listed in this thread.

I myself have a pair of ATH-ANC7's coming from a fellow head-fi'er, but since your budget extends to $180, i'd be all over the Sennheiser HD25's (not the SP version). i havent heard them but it seems to be general consensus on this forum that those are some top-notch 'phones. I dont know if they fold up, though.

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #36 of 36
would someone be able to explain to me what the HD25-13 is? it seems to me that its the same but just needs more power to drive it..?

edit: alright nevermind, found some good info on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back