Headphone Down
Jun 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sycomike01

New Head-Fier
Hey guys need some advice. My son was running around with my Audio Technica AD700, and dropped them on kitchen floor. Now my right driver has a lower volume than the left as if it were hollow. I have disassembled them and checked the wires but everything is still attached. If any one has any ideas, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 2
That's a tough one. I'm assuming this is out of warranty? 

Do you have a multimeter? I personally would test the resistance from the headphone connection to the connector from each cup (depending on your meter accuracy, should be around an ohm or less). I would also test the resistance between the ground to the signal, should be however many ohms the impedance of the headphone is (ex. 32 ohms). If anything was off, that will determine the issue. If nothing is off, it would be worth doing a quick resolder on the connections to ensure nothing was knocked loose. If this doesn't do any good, a wire may have come loose from the driver diaphram, which is not easy to fix by any means and unless you're very skilled and have great vision, would require a replacement driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back