headphone demographics
Mar 19, 2004 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RobertR

100+ Head-Fier
last year there was a thread about "distribution of high end cans "among members.

can this thread be modified to indicate how many own er4, senn 650, beyer 880 etc.

I know this info is available in profile but dont know of easy way to get it.
at that time there were only 200+ votes. there must be at least that many members who own ety.

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 10
I'm not sure how you can do it easily. You can make an offsite poll that allows for you to check multiple options, since the polls here with multiple options still total to only 100%, and that ruins accuracy, as the average voter has more than 1.0 headphones.
I have a pair of Shure E2's, and Beyerdynamic DT250-80's.

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 10
Jude run a search on the member profiles. I don't think it is possible without administrator privileges or something like that. There also was some limitations becuase it is difficult to sort out headphones that are labeld sold, had before etc.
But it would be interesting to see!

Mar 28, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 10
Shure E5c's here. Check my info for location.

Mar 28, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 10
i don't think a search among members' profiles would be so accurate. Many profile are blank and many of us also put old gear in the profile, stuff we owned and sold.

Mar 29, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 10
Since what he is looking for are demographics (things like age, gender, location) etc.., a poll wouldn't be suitable, would it?

How about you look into a survey? There are several survey sites online that let you make your own and host custom serveys for you, to do data logging. That or just start scouting out profiles here on the forums...

What do you need the information for, anyway?

Mar 29, 2004 at 11:41 AM Post #10 of 10
maybe an outright demographical survey would overdo it - but i also would be very interested in some rough statistics about how many of us own which phone. the profiles aren't the way to go - outdated information and not a correct assessment about actual ownership.

i think terrymx's idea is the one to follow through - a poll with multiple possibilities. it would take us into the hundreds if we tried to cover each and all but as a first step we could maybe assemble a list of the 'essentials' to cover.

problem: i wanted to start the list and stopped at hitting thirty phones with no end in sight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back