Headphone cases
Mar 27, 2006 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Clarity

100+ Head-Fier
A while back I stumbled across a board members thread who had these really cool zip up cases for his headphones. They were practically a perfect fit for his grado phones. I don't remember his board name but I did find an ebay link with a case that looks identical to what this board member had. http://cgi.ebay.com/Grado-SR-60-Audi...QQcmdZViewItem

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can purchase this? I already pm'd the seller and according to his description they can only be purchased in Taiwan. Does anyone know of any places in the US that carry something like this? Thanks

BTW I am in no way affiliated with this seller, I just want that really cool loooking case for my Grados
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 14
I bought a case from eBay from Chinchy on headfi, and the proceeds plus a small donation from me, went to head-fi! You may want to pm him and see if there are any more, let me know if you do, would like to buy another myself.

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 14
Mar 27, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #4 of 14
for me, i just use my old pouches that the Crown Royale whiskey comes in
eek.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 14
Unless you're looking for something soft, you could always get a pelican case. You know, then if you're driving along with your headphones in the back seat and you get into a 50+ car accident and the case flies through the window and onto train tracks where it is hit by a train... twice... at least your headphones will be okay.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 14
You can also buy a QC2 "bag" from Bose which is essentially the same as the "Taiwan" case I just got. They have them on eBay and you can also get them directly from Bose, I gather you can easily remove the Bose label too.

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
Unless you're looking for something soft, you could always get a pelican case. You know, then if you're driving along with your headphones in the back seat and you get into a 50+ car accident and the case flies through the window and onto train tracks where it is hit by a train... twice... at least your headphones will be okay.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

You mean pelican cases are that strong!!?!?!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by razer
You mean pelican cases are that strong!!?!?!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Well, they're crushproof, waterproof, and dustproof, they have automatic internal pressure equalization valves, and are insured for life (replaced for free in the event of any failure). I can stand on my micro case (though I don't make a habit of it) and I've seen pictures of cars on top of the larger ones.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #11 of 14
here's mine =) purchased for $40 from an electronics store, you can punch out the shape of your phones from little foam squares. It holds all of my portable gear for trips away.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big G
here's mine =) purchased for $40 from an electronics store, you can punch out the shape of your phones from little foam squares. It holds all of my portable gear for trips away.

Is there a brand name stamped on it anywhere?

Mar 28, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #13 of 14
May 31, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #14 of 14
I went to Dicks sporting goods and picked up a gun case for $24 that fit my fidelios with room for my x5 amp e12 stack, and a few other things. The headphones take up half. I had to remove the middle layer of foam and the remaining foam makes for a snug fit but it works beautifully. I used a piece of the leftover foam on the other side so my x5 doesn't move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back