Headphone Case
Nov 17, 2005 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

tim_j_thomas

100+ Head-Fier
Just recently picked up the Grado SR80 headphones and love them. Now I want to make sure I have them adequately protected -- taking them to and from work. Any recommendations on cases for the Grado's?

Ordered a PA2V2 as well -- so one option would be to get a case that holds the ipod, headphones and amp.

I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,

Tim

Nov 17, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 17
Check your local firearms dealer or sporting goods store, you should be able to find a number of hard and soft cases with foam interiors from $10-$200 depending on what you chose.

Nov 17, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 17
I bought one of these off of ebay for $16 for the same situation you are in.

It easily fits my GRADO headphones, and my 4th gen 60gb ipod and cmoy amp fit in the front zipper compartment.

Of corse this wouldn't cover a complete disaster like running the case over with your car, for that application you need one of these . Hell for all I know that hardshell case may be freakin' bulletproof
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2005 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Check your local firearms dealer or sporting goods store, you should be able to find a number of hard and soft cases with foam interiors from $10-$200 depending on what you chose.

I would recommend these cases:
http://www.sailgb.com/p/27x24x12cm_w...eli_case_1200/

Then your Grado´s would be the only ones to live through a nuclear war inflicted by America because of some oil, along with the cockroaches. And in a million years or so, the cockroach archaeologists will find then and give them a listen… And then realise they where an artefact from a more civilised time, and properly think they where a gift from God GRADO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
God bless those who stand in harms way to keep America safe. I am a proud American; I love my wife, my family, my country, my freedoms, and my Savior. I am thankful and praise God for all these things.

ROFL you know you are an American when:
You say your local firearms dealer, and God in the same sentence

You say bomb and God in the same sentence

You say Bush and God in the same sentence

You say God bless America LOL, I always found that funny when say that
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by technetium
I would recommend these cases:
http://www.sailgb.com/p/27x24x12cm_w...eli_case_1200/

Then your Grado´s would be the only ones to live through a nuclear war inflicted by America because of some oil, along with the cockroaches. And in a million years or so, the cockroach archaeologists will find then and give them a listen… And then realise they where an artefact from a more civilised time, and properly think they where a gift from God GRADO.

ROFL you know you are an American when:
You say your local firearms dealer, and God in the same sentence

You say bomb and God in the same sentence

You say Bush and God in the same sentence

You say God bless America LOL, I always found that funny when say that
wink.gif

I've never once complained about a post before. But I believe this one should be removed. I find the comments unecessary & offensive. They have NOTHING to do with the topic of this post.

Nov 19, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #8 of 17
Though I agree, I do think most of that post should be removed. The part with the roaches was funny, though
rs1smile.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela
I've never once complained about a post before. But I believe this one should be removed. I find the comments unecessary & offensive. They have NOTHING to do with the topic of this post.

I agree with the offensive part mic, but dont let some young denmark punk get on your nerves. he's probably never been outside his home town and still blind to the world. I myself have traveled the world and still dont find offensive in minldess european rhetoric.

Nov 19, 2005 at 12:06 PM Post #10 of 17
Damm I had hoped for a bit more! Not even a war declairation!

Just kidding, but Americans tend to be a bit fanatic when you say something is wrong about, either their foreign policy or their use of guns (tend to be the same)
biggrin.gif

or God for that sake.

Jep i know a bit of topic... But I just felt a urge to say something (read a major article about the wars of America).
But i have to say the Peli cases are great, they even have a NATO number!
Ohh before I forget, only been to 10 contries so far, only twice outside EU though
frown.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #11 of 17
Don’t provoke the Americans, they will just get bitter…

But remember when you get mad at the Americans. The Americans today are children of the weak, those who couldn’t survive in Europe.

No, I am just kidding, I love the US, land of opportunity and cheap headphones.
rs1smile.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #12 of 17
Im as american as it gets...
born and bred in Brooklyn, NY and love my country.
But you guys have to admit-when someone says "just got to your local firearms dealer" (not even firearms store, but "dealer"!), not only is that hysterical-but I expect someone from another country to take a cheap shot...

Nov 19, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #15 of 17
oh look, Jude posted something that many of you should read:
"Religion and Politics:
We do not allow the discussion of religion and politics in any of our Main Forums"

for cases:
I used to use Pelican 1200 cases in which to store my Grado RS-1s. Now they sit on a banana stand.

For my HP-1s, I have an aluminum briefcase (to match the phones), in which I placed the blue foam from the Grado box, with some small-sized bubble wrap inbetween the foam and the case to fillin the extra space

**I forgot to add that you could get a larger Pelican (or other) case with the pluck out foam, and then custom cut the foam to fit your headphone, amp, cables, etc in the case. I have a small gun case where I cut the foam to accomodate my old work rig (Sony D-303 and JMT Meta42), and it worked fabulously.

Pics:

HP-1 case

hp-1_case_small.JPG

Another work rig, Pelican 1060

portable.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back