Headphone Burn-In advice?
Sep 14, 2003 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

master83

Head-Fier
I excpect the AKG K271's arriving in the mail tomorrow and as a headphone newbie
rolleyes.gif
I wanted to ask you guys about how to handle these phones in the first period of time. Any tips and suggestions are welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

tnx,

Master

Sep 14, 2003 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 6
You'll have to put them on something to keep the auto-shutoff from turning them off. I put them on my comp front door panel and pulled them down until they played.

Just play something a little bass heavy for a couple of days at a little louder than normal listening volume and they should be burned in enough so that any changes they go through after that won't be too much.

Don't crank up the volume. You're just trying to loosen the drivers, not blast them out.

Sep 14, 2003 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 6
should I wait for my amp to arrive before I fully burn them in? it should arrive a couple of days after the headset. just a cheap B-tech amp for about 70$.

So I shouldn't start at a low volume for a couple of hours then increasing the volume up to listening volume?

Sep 14, 2003 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 6
As long as it has a signal going to it loud enough to listen to, I don't think it would make a lot of difference. IMO starting low and turning it up as you go along would only make the process take longer.

Sep 14, 2003 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 6
My experience is that really LOUD bass signals offer the best results with break in. Of course the intention isn't to burn the drivers, but modern headphones can handle a lot of power. So as long as they still sound undistorted, there should be no risk of damage.

peacesign.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back