Headphone Break-In
Jan 4, 2013 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nick19

New Head-Fier
Hey, 

Just got some fairly good headphones and I was wondering about breaking them in. When I use them there is a very slight crackle with heavy bass; I assume this is because they are new and I have only used them for about 10 hours. I read headphones should to be left on for 200 hours? Does this have to be continuous? or can I use them as normal (about 3 hours a day) now and they will break in that way?

To put it another way... do they break in as you use them?

Thanks 

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hey, 

Just got some fairly good headphones and I was wondering about breaking them in. When I use them there is a very slight crackle with heavy bass; I assume this is because they are new and I have only used them for about 10 hours. I read headphones should to be left on for 200 hours? Does this have to be continuous? or can I use them as normal (about 3 hours a day) now and they will break in that way?

To put it another way... do they break in as you use them?

Thanks 

Chances are, the crackle will not change. It doesn't have to continuous, just use them however you want. It's not like the sound changes much anyway. And yes using them is the only way isn't it?

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 3
Tried using a difference source/material? Chances are if there's a crackle there now, that won't change over time. Definitely doesn't sound normal unless you're listening to music out of a potato.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back