Headphone and hats
Nov 25, 2009 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Wiggy Fuzz

100+ Head-Fier
so, winter is coming again, and for the past two years i've always had a solution to both keeping my head warm and some nice music in my ears from headphones. last year it was the woolly hat first, headphone on top. but that muffled the sound a little, and i didn't like it much (even though my head stayed warm)

so last year i tried a sombrero, with two little holes cut out for the grado "lightening rods" to stick through. it worked, but the wind kept taking it, and because the sombrero was from a joke shop it didn't last the winter.

this year, it was grado beneath a hoody, but not only did it muffle the sound (though not as much as the woolly hat), the wind again kept blowing my hood off. i have a nice fedora, but i can't bear to poke holes into it. and wearing it below my headphones won't work. maybe a flat cap or something - as long as it keeps my head warm, and doesn't interfere with the sound.

this is vexing, maybe i should move to australia, and not have to worry about snow. or cold. any ideas?

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 25
Jecklin Floats should cover your head pretty well.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 25
karate.jpg

those? i wanted to keep my headphones, plus, they aren't really portable.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you wore sombrero in the name of audio last year, then the Jecklin Floats are the way to go.

You, sir, just won this thread.
jecklinsmile.gif

On a more serious note, you should definitely consider IEMs. You can wear any sort of head covering you like. As IEMs completely seal your ears, nothing you wear will muffle the sound.

EDIT: By the way, did you want suggestions on hats or on headphones?

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to see a pic with the sombrero/grado combo.

X2

That totally made my day!

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #14 of 25
This is why I use iem's

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #15 of 25
KSC 75? If they break, Koss will fix them for life.

Or any other clipons. Just put something over them.

1st to actually help the OP.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back