Headphone Amp recommendations
Nov 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

obsydian

New Head-Fier
Hi  

Im pretty new to hi end headphones/amps and am wanting a recommendation for a new headphone amp. I currently have Corda Classic, Beyer T1 and Grado RS1. Source is a Musical Fidelity MC6 and i use a mac with both Amarra and Audirvana. I listen to mainly metal and prog.

Ive read a lot about about Woo Audio and am intetested in the WA2 however have heard that it runs very hot?

My budget would be up to 1500...any ideas?

I might add that i live in Western Australia so listening to a lot of stuff is nigh on impossible

cheers

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hi  

Im pretty new to hi end headphones/amps and am wanting a recommendation for a new headphone amp. I currently have Corda Classic, Beyer T1 and Grado RS1. Source is a Musical Fidelity MC6 and i use a mac with both Amarra and Audirvana. I listen to mainly metal and prog.

Ive read a lot about about Woo Audio and am intetested in the WA2 however have heard that it runs very hot?

My budget would be up to 1500...any ideas?

I might add that i live in Western Australia so listening to a lot of stuff is nigh on impossible

cheers

You might want to blog gwarmi.He is down under and one of the stores he frequents is addicted to audio they have  a lot of headphone options which include headphones and amps/dac combos for headphones.The burson headphone amps might be good choices.I have a ha-160 but in light of what I have read the solooist might be a better option and is in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back