Headphone amp for FA-003
Oct 31, 2011 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TDB Jaster

Head-Fier
Hey there,
I recently bought my FA-003 and I feel that I wish to invest in a portable amp for it. Thing is, I have exactly 0 experience with amps.
All I have to contain it in is my pockets and a bag (or the air between my source and the headphones, but I would think that the weight of the amp would unplug the headphones from the amp, no?) so it has to be pretty light and/or small, but still be worth the investment, obviously.
Any ideas? I don't wanna spend more than 100$ really.

Cheers,
Jaster

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #5 of 6
I am thoroughly impressed with the FiiO E11 - it's pretty small and light (size of my phone) so fits in pockets brilliantly, easy to connect and use and the bass switch is just yummy.

Now, if you like me have the FA-003, you may not want it that badly, since it doesn't change all that much.
It basically made my FA-003 go from being almost as good as/just as good as the beats pro, to being a bit better (IMO). Actually, when you turn the bass switch to 2 on the FiiO with the FA-003, they sound incredibly like the beats pro, only it keeps some of the great neutrality as well.

Bottom line, if you are happy with your headphones' sound but just need that extra kick/refinement to be in total bliss, get this amp - it will be gold for you. (I can only speak from the FA-003 on that, shan't say with headphones that need more amping, but i'd imagine that it'd be even better.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back