Headphone + amp + DAC for around $1000
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #17 of 73
And amplifier? If you are not up to emotiva, I'd perhaps suggest some of the A-GD stuff or the Lyr.

Be advised you'd perhaps want to do pad mods to get the best sound. It is worth it.

Razordog audio has the HE-500 slightly cheaper as I remember (with some code or something). You won't really find offers on the HE-500, unless used.

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #18 of 73
  And amplifier? If you are not up to emotiva, I'd perhaps suggest some of the A-GD stuff or the Lyr.

Be advised you'd perhaps want to do pad mods to get the best sound. It is worth it.

Razordog audio has the HE-500 slightly cheaper as I remember (with some code or something). You won't really find offers on the HE-500, unless used.

The AUdio GD stuff are really wonderful choices! I love my Audio GD NFB 10ES2

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #19 of 73
  The AUdio GD stuff are really wonderful choices! I love my Audio GD NFB 10ES2

x2   mine is 10.32 
beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #20 of 73

x2   mine is 10.32 
beerchug.gif

Yup so it's set GET AN AGD amp! Might not eed balanced BUT it would b a good idea to get one, they are Dac amp combo units. And the HE 500 is wired for balanced sound, you just need to get the balanced cable! Which might be a future upgrade for you! 

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #21 of 73

What needs to be done in order to make the headphone compatible with the emotiva? different connectors?

Everyplace has the headphones for $700 :frowning2: sucks, but its ok if its worth it.

I'll look into the AGD amps.

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #22 of 73
You need a jack to banana plugs adapter or something like that. In short you need your headphone to terminate in banana plugs in some way or another. Doesn't need to cost much at all.

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #23 of 73
Nov 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #25 of 73

I'm stuck in between the Lyr or AGD NFB-11.32. Which do you think would go better with the HE-500?

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #26 of 73
Seriously, try contacting Razor Dog.  I got mine for $550 new about a month ago when they first started carrying them with a coupon.

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #27 of 73
I m biased towards the audiogd...it has a built in dac rite?

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #28 of 73
I think the lyr will be the better sounding.

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #29 of 73
I m biased towards the audiogd...it has a built in dac rite?

I think the lyr will be the better sounding.

That is all preferance,

but for one yes teh Audio GD has a Dac which he needs, 

But yea bro get teh Audio GD and then get teh Lry Later. You need a good Dac and Audio GD makes a great Dac! My 10ES2 has MUCH more detail over my old oDac. That said, the Audio GD combo units [like the 10.33 10ES3 [oh wait those are the balanced onees]

Hmm well anyways get both. You need a good Dac, and plenty o POwer for the He 500 the AUdio GD has the power and Dac that you need! Getting a Lyr+Modi wouldn't be bad, but I think you'd fine more detail with the Agd Dac over the Modi, Still you can always get teh Lyr too Later in the future :3 

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #30 of 73

That is all preferance,

but for one yes teh Audio GD has a Dac which he needs, 

But yea bro get teh Audio GD and then get teh Lry Later. You need a good Dac and Audio GD makes a great Dac! My 10ES2 has MUCH more detail over my old oDac. That said, the Audio GD combo units [like the 10.33 10ES3 [oh wait those are the balanced onees]

Hmm well anyways get both. You need a good Dac, and plenty o POwer for the He 500 the AUdio GD has the power and Dac that you need! Getting a Lyr+Modi wouldn't be bad, but I think you'd fine more detail with the Agd Dac over the Modi, Still you can always get teh Lyr too Later in the future :3 

x2 
same line of tot too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back