Headphone amp connect to integrated amp pre-out - how to adjust volume?
Feb 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nitreb

100+ Head-Fier
I'm using an headphone amp connected through the pre-out output of my integrated amp. Usually, I adjust the HP amp volume to 50% anf then adjust the listening volume with the integrated amp volume knob. Is that the right method to have the best sound? Should I put the headphone amp to maximum before adjusting the listening volume with the integrated amp volume knob?

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 3
  I'm using an headphone amp connected through the pre-out output of my integrated amp. Usually, I adjust the HP amp volume to 50% anf then adjust the listening volume with the integrated amp volume knob. Is that the right method to have the best sound? Should I put the headphone amp to maximum before adjusting the listening volume with the integrated amp volume knob?

You always want to adjust the volume on the last device, not those before it. If your integrated amp has a line-out, uses that instead. If not, then make sure your pre-out is relatively higher in volume (as high as it can be without any distortion), then control the volume on your headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back