Headphone Amp/ Computer Input/Outut Issues
Sep 8, 2007 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nikos

100+ Head-Fier
I just purchased a FUBAR USB DAC and it plays great.

But it interupted my settings that allowed me to record Music/Sound from the INPUT via Soundforge.

How do I change the settings or work around this? I want to be able to play a sound on my computer/internet and capture it via Soundforge like I did in the past (sound and music samples etc....).

How do I do it exactly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Nikos

Sep 8, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just purchased a FUBAR USB DAC and it plays great.

But it interupted my settings that allowed me to record Music/Sound from the INPUT via Soundforge.

How do I change the settings or work around this? I want to be able to play a sound on my computer/internet and capture it via Soundforge like I did in the past (sound and music samples etc....).

How do I do it exactly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Nikos

When this happens in Windows XP, the problem is often the sound playback default device. Fubar has changed the device to USB Codecs. You may need to switch it back to the original device. Via the control panel, go to "sounds and audio devices," click on "audio," and make the change in "default device." After the change, you may need to close and re-open your audio program. If that doesn't work, then restart your computer.

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 5
What am I actually supposed to put it on?

Back Line IN? All of the channels are selected and SOundforge still won't record the sound that is playing back on my computer.

Which setting does it have to be on? I mean I switched it to RECORDING and Stereo Mix, CD VOlume, Line In 1 or 2, and Microphone are all checked.

Yet it still doesn't record?

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 5
I have it on INPUT and on STEREO MIX and even took off the USB Speakers, and it still seems to do it
frown.gif

Cant figure it out.

Sep 21, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When this happens in Windows XP, the problem is often the sound playback default device. Fubar has changed the device to USB Codecs. You may need to switch it back to the original device. Via the control panel, go to "sounds and audio devices," click on "audio," and make the change in "default device." After the change, you may need to close and re-open your audio program. If that doesn't work, then restart your computer.

I tried this and restarted my computer, and it still seems to not respond.

Any other ideas or reasons as to why this might be happening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back