Headphone amp beginner
Feb 27, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #16 of 25
The mkIII looks enticing, is the extra $ worth the upgrade from the ef2 or the mkII?

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by crowley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mkIII looks enticing, is the extra $ worth the upgrade from the ef2 or the mkII?

I had the MKIII. Did not get along with the Denon's at all. It is an amp designed for high impedance headphones. I would recommend narrowing down ur headphones and then attacking the amp choice. If u want to go senns/beyers then go MKIII. But if u want to do denons/grados do 1+

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #18 of 25
I havent had the time to audition both phones, but based on what iv been reading here, the d5000 seem to be the more fun headphones, with uncontrolled bass?

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #19 of 25
The D5000s are a fun luxury headphone. They look great, feel great, and sound great. Again, they are quite low in impedance, so be careful the amp you choose, which means you will fatigue your ears (Which is not fun). If you get an amp intended for high impedance, you will have trouble finding a comfortable listening volume. I use my Denons either through a focusrite saffire or yamaha rx v665 to both great results.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #20 of 25
looks like im going with a d5000, are they good with long listening sessions?
just have to decide between a mk 1+ or an ef2

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #21 of 25
Yes, I think the D5000s are excellent for long listening sessions. One can quickly forget they are wearing them, and they are the most comfortable pair of headphones I have. Also they are the most 'fun' pair of headphones I have. Plus I think you will be amazed how good they sound through just an iPod nano, although a proper dac/amp combo will ensure the best quality. But the phones just sound good very easily.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #22 of 25
thanks for the comments guys, at least i know what il be getting into when i get the d5000's. question about the ld 1+ though, is it ok with the likes of a srh840?

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by crowley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the comments guys, at least i know what il be getting into when i get the d5000's. question about the ld 1+ though, is it ok with the likes of a srh840?

hey man, u are going exactly the same route I did, and let me tell u, i dont regret it a bit. Check out my sig for what i mean. I have both the 840's and the D5000's. Make sure u do the Markyl mods on the D5000's - bass problem solved. Trust me, go for the LD 1+ (the hybrid one, with tubes, not the portable MK 1+) and the uDAC. U wont regret it, thank me later by PM when u get the equipment

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #24 of 25
i just might, just have to do a bit more research on both the ld 1+ and the ef2, and if i do go the ld route, il thank you for it lol

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by artforme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought the LD DAC_II, and think it has too much power for my low impedance phones

Can you expand on this statement? I'm considering the LD DAC II for use with K271 and future K702.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back