headphone amp and nad c541
Mar 22, 2002 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

matthewd5

Head-Fier
hello.

i am looking to upgrade my cd player and i found a great deal on a nad 541, but this unit only has optical and coaxial output, so i wouldn't be able to use the cd play alone with a headphone amp

matthew

Mar 22, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 7
matthew,

nope, it has rca outs so you can hook it up to an amp. it's also a very, very nice budget cd player through my home system and i suspect it'd be a great headphone source as well.

best,
carlo

Mar 22, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 7
well i guess that was the confusion!

on their webpage they only list it as having coax and optical outputs

it would be nice if they had put a picture of the back of the unit

matthew

Mar 22, 2002 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 7
I agree with Carlo. I bought this CD player, but ended up returning it because of tracking problems I had with two different units (they had serial numbers relatively close to each other, and the store display did not exhibit these problems). Other than this odd tracking problem, I was really surprised at how awesome that 541 sounded. It was so good, I'd actually be willing to try one again if I was in the market for a CD player.

Mar 22, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Arcam CD72, though a little pricier, kicks major ass too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2002 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by matthewd5
hello.

i am looking to upgrade my cd player and i found a great deal on a nad 541, but this unit only has optical and coaxial output, so i wouldn't be able to use the cd play alone with a headphone amp

matthew

If you don't mind sharing, where are you getting the NAD 541 from? I'm in the market for one as well with my W2002s on the way ...

- Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back