Headphone Aesthetics, whats your favourite?
May 16, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #16 of 50
Yeah I got an update as well, SendyAudio Aiva, theyre the most beautiful headphones there are.

May 16, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #17 of 50
Pretty? Probably not. Boring? I can’t argue against it. But to me the venerable Senn HD 650 is what a headphone should look like. Simple, classic, dare I say elegant. Will look fine in 2050 and wouldn’t have been completely out of place in 1950. JMO of course.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #18 of 50
I like the arts and crafts look of the ZMF's

I like the latest gen higher end HFM's

I like the E2 and Voce too

May 16, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #20 of 50
May 16, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #22 of 50
Pretty? Probably not. Boring? I can’t argue against it. But to me the venerable Senn HD 650 is what a headphone should look like. Simple, classic, dare I say elegant. Will look fine in 2050 and wouldn’t have been completely out of place in 1950. JMO of course.
When it comes to the most practical design, Sennheisers got it right with the HD650 type housing. It's just a perfect utilitarian design. I like the look of the design due to simplicity and the thoughtfullness that went into how the parts in the assembly were formed. that's what I call a great design.

May 16, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #23 of 50
When it comes to the most practical design, Sennheisers got it right with the HD650 type housing. It's just a perfect utilitarian design. I like the look of the design due to simplicity and the thoughts that went into how the parts in the assembly were formed. that's what I call a great design.
I agree that they're good as a standard, but if I got some I'd have to pain them to just get *some* visual interest in there.

May 17, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #24 of 50
A really nice discussion going on here. The looks to me go after the sound and comfort, and yet it's probably the first thing I notice when I discover a new model I fancy.

HD 650 has been my current workhorse lately, and I quite enjoy its modest no-nonsense looks and design. It's the most comfy for me as well. I just wish the pads were more special and had a more premium feel.

Of course, my ZMF Aeolus has this nice Sapele wood and soft natural headband. However, lately I've been more attracted by more industrial designs, such as Ether Flow.

May 17, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #25 of 50
A really nice discussion going on here. The looks to me go after the sound and comfort, and yet it's probably the first thing I notice when I discover a new model I fancy.

HD 650 has been my current workhorse lately, and I quite enjoy its modest no-nonsense looks and design. It's the most comfy for me as well. I just wish the pads were more special and had a more premium feel.

Of course, my ZMF Aeolus has this nice Sapele wood and soft natural headband. However, lately I've been more attracted by more industrial designs, such as Ether Flow.
Every ZMF headphone ive seen looks awesome

May 17, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #26 of 50
s-l1600.png

These are really pretty!

May 17, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #28 of 50
I love the look and design of Focals. The uniformity makes them all rather stunning; all looking nearly the same except for color, with the flagship Utopia setting itself apart with the “god tier” look. And that design as a whole is exquisite.

May 17, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #29 of 50
I love the look and design of Focals. The uniformity makes them all rather stunning; all looking nearly the same except for color, with the flagship Utopia setting itself apart with the “god tier” look. And that design as a whole is exquisite.
Focal have some really pretty designs

May 18, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #30 of 50
I was really impressed with the cup size, shape and look of Hifiman Edition X / HE1000 models. Little did I know I would have problems with the feel of those same cups on my head...

I also find the design of Kennertons quite appealing; not sure these also bring comfort as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back