Headphone Aesthetics, whats your favourite?
May 18, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #32 of 50
Meze Empyrean.

Even if now we're in 2030, and Meze just release Empyrean, I'd still call it headphone from the future.

However, as series, ATH Woodies look the best for group photo.
Absolutely agree, there's nothing like that around. I've read somewhere, they were having a difficult time with getting that grill done properly, though...

May 18, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #33 of 50
I like the retro-70s vibe of Beyers, but I get that they’re not for everyone.

May 18, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #36 of 50
Empyrean has the baroque European metallurgical craftsmanship look to it. I wonder if it's has some classic Romanian influence.
One day I hope to find a completely dead pair of empyreans that are beyond repair, that someone is selling so I can just look at them.

May 19, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #39 of 50
Kennerton Thror Karelian birch variants are really beautiful headphones.
Most of their headphones are done in some really beautiful wood types.
I have Thridi in palisander, which is their most basic wood and they already look fantastic.

May 19, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #40 of 50
I have noticed them and really like the looks and the craftsmanship seemed impressive. Do you have them in person? I just found the stock cable connector to be a strange choice...
Naw I've ordered the knockoff blons cos theyre cheaper lmao

May 19, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #41 of 50
I love the look and design of Focals. The uniformity makes them all rather stunning; all looking nearly the same except for color, with the flagship Utopia setting itself apart with the “god tier” look. And that design as a whole is exquisite.
I love the way Focal headphones look. I actually prefer the sleek all matte black look of the Elex over the Clear and Utopia. The design of those headphones is just great, and somehow I find the Elex more comfortable than the lighter Sennheiser HD 600 series headphones.

Speaking of Sennheiser, the whole HD600/HD580 series design is so good looking for me. It just has that built to perform kind of feel, like every part was designed to improve the headphone. You can see through to the driver and the mesh, showing off what the engineers did. It's really my favorite headphone design in terms of looks, more so than the HD800 actually. Funny because everyone says the 6XX headphones look very dated, but that's the exact reason why I love it!

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #42 of 50
I love the way Focal headphones look. I actually prefer the sleek all matte black look of the Elex over the Clear and Utopia. The design of those headphones is just great, and somehow I find the Elex more comfortably than the lighter Sennheiser HD 600 series headphones.

Speaking of Sennheiser, the whole HD600/HD580 series design is so good looking for me. It just has that built to perform kind of feel, like every part was designed to improve the headphone. You can see through to the driver and the mesh, showing off what the engineers did. It's really my favorite headphone design in terms of looks, more so than the HD800 actually. Funny because everyone says the 6XX headphones look very dated, but that's the exact reason why I love it!
There have been slight aesthetic changes introduced in this classic design to provide a fresher look; I personally still prefer the classic made in Ireland visual look. I have owned both 600 and 650 models, I prefer the headband and the cable of hd650.

May 22, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #43 of 50
I actually dont really like wood on headphones.
In the past my favourite design was the LCD-2C, but then I found out about the Meze Empyrean.

The Empyrean has glorious design, and the excellent build quality makes it even better.

May 22, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #44 of 50
Many headphones are good-looking. I prefer the more basic models, don't care much about flashy and luxurious designs
The plain but sleek studio styled headphones like the Beyer DT48, Sony MDR 7506, Audio Technica MRS-7, Roland RH-300 and Pioneer Monitor 10 for instance.
A more modern classic like the AKG K550/553, gorgeous design, so much prettier than its successor the K371
And what about the Sony MDR 1AM2?

1590184927697.png

1590184522789.png

1590184809380.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back