Headphone Advice
May 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Poet

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for headphones that will sound better than the pair I'm replacing, which are audio technica A700. It'd be nice if they could be used for running and were portable too, while meeting a $200 price range. If I can't find anything that's comparable to the fischer fa-003 then I'll just go with them and get a pair of IEM.

May 6, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I'm looking for headphones that will sound better than the pair I'm replacing, which are audio technica A700. It'd be nice if they could be used for running and were portable too, while meeting a $200 price range. If I can't find anything that's comparable to the fischer fa-003 then I'll just go with them and get a pair of IEM.

Sounding better would be subject to preference, but would you want them to sound similar in term of sound signature? Any particular set of sound characteristics you might value/prefer on the A700? If not, anything in terms of criteria regarding sound that you might want to specify? Signature preferences (the important one), genre (but really, people enjoy different presentations for their genres anyways so the first criteria would be massively more helpful)?

Oh, and before I forget - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

May 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 3
The reason I said Fischer was due to the balanced sound stage. 'Better' defines itself, there is nothing specific I want, that's the reason I was considering a balanced sound stage since I change the genres I listen to quite frequently. 

If I could get a pair with or without an amp, as long as it's factored into the price and isn't above 250 range, that is portable and would sound as good being used as my home-computer pair compared to say the fischer fa-003 or fischer fa-011 then I'd go with it. But it looks like I'll have to end up getting a pair of IEM around $50 and just getting a closed/open full-size pair for at-home use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back