Headphone accidents / mishaps.
Aug 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

JesDaMess

New Head-Fier
A few minutes ago I accidentally ripped the cord a little violently from my laptop jack, I then tried them out and no sound was coming out. After yelling a couple expletives I forgot I had left mute on and they work fine now.

I'm curious to see if any other Head Fi users have had any accidents or similar stories regarding their headphones.

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 19
I dropped my Apple garbage ibuds into the toilet by "accident". I wasn't too heartbroken and it looked good with the rest of the stuff in the toilet.
Other than that, I haven't broken anything that I actually cared about.

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 19
I stepped on my full size headphone once and the left one stopped working. 
triportsad.gif

Aug 23, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 19
Most of the time my stuff breaks because I take it apart and mess with it.  Usually with the intention of trying to improve it.  Luckily as far as headphones go, i've only wrecked some Koss KSC75s, though my Grados could use a recabling...

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 19

Quote:
[snip]I accidentally ripped the cord a little violently from my laptop jack, I then tried them out and no sound was coming out. After yelling a couple expletives I forgot I had left mute on and they work fine now.[/snip]

This exact thing has happened to me on numerous occasions.  I've also stepped on my MDR-7506, dropped them, all kinds of careless crap.  The only thing wrong with them after about 10 years is that they're out on loan.

Thankfully none of my other cans have experienced the abuse and general mishap that my 7506s have.

There's a head-fier who photographed his 325's in a hot tub.  Like, they were in the hot tub.

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
This exact thing has happened to me on numerous occasions.  I've also stepped on my MDR-7506, dropped them, all kinds of careless crap.  The only thing wrong with them after about 10 years is that they're out on loan.

Thankfully none of my other cans have experienced the abuse and general mishap that my 7506s have.

There's a head-fier who photographed his 325's in a hot tub.  Like, they were in the hot tub.

Don't worry. Me and my cans go swimming together all the time. It's perfectly natural :wink:

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #9 of 19
I'm having really bad luck this month. Grado SR60(still have SR225 so wasn't that heartbroken), RE0(bought a spare right after), JVC Marshmallows, MR2 Pro. All driver death so recabling is not a option.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #10 of 19
I always sit on my headphones and they break...

That's how my MDR-S50 died... twice.... same pair.

Killed my SHE9500 by "fixing" the strain relief on them as well.

Nothing else really. Wish I had a good pair of S50 still though, they were nice in a cheap pair of Sony's way.

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #15 of 19
A couple of times I have forgotten that I had my headphones on and started walking away only to stop abruptly by yanking pretty hard on the cord. I'm surprised my amp or headphones have not suffered any damage yet. I also starting paying more attention when I got my Burson haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back