Headphile picture thread
Jul 5, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #31 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Getting back on the original topic, will Larry paint my headband a different color, like he did B-Side J's, or was that a one time deal?

They arn't Painted....for the third time. You definitly wont be able to get a black band with Zebra wood
very_evil_smiley.gif
But you would have to ask Larry about other options.

Again...Not painted!

Jul 5, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #32 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
I admit it, I have 5 pairs of Headphile Headphones. I'm a lunatic. Here are some pics, inclusing my latest price, Darth Beyers in Cocobolo...

What's your fave? I have been thinking about getting some done in Lace....I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up like you....Well at least 3 pairs...Zebra CD3k, Koa or Lace Beyers, Koa or Lace Grado (hopfully HF-1s).

Jul 5, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #33 of 91
Koa is gorgeous, as is Ebony. Cocobolo for the win still, but those bring up the rear quite closely.

Jul 5, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #34 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-side J
What's your fave? I have been thinking about getting some done in Lace....I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up like you....Well at least 3 pairs...Zebra CD3k, Koa or Lace Beyers, Koa or Lace Grado (hopfully HF-1s).

My fave is Cocobolo. For sure. I really like Paduak, but the Cocobolo is just gorgeous.

Jul 6, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #37 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz
What type of wood is that, grawk?

Looks like Zebrawood...

Jul 6, 2006 at 12:33 PM Post #41 of 91
An MS-1 HAS been Headphile modded and commented on enthusiastically in these threads!

......done as a comparro with HF-1 I believe.

I suspect that a quick search will find it; but it's what got me going(and going, and going)about getting my MS-1s modded as well. I still may get them a new wooden suit at some point in the future!!

Jul 6, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #42 of 91
Shut up? I'm sorry, I didn't realise you had to agree with everyone round these parts.

Jul 6, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #43 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAP7
Shut up? I'm sorry, I didn't realise you had to agree with everyone round these parts.

Dude, it was a JOKE. Did you not see the THREE smilies after my comment??? I thought that would be enough to illustrate my intent.
blink.gif

Jul 6, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #44 of 91
My good man...

If I had thought it was anything other than a joke, I'd have come round and nobbled you over the head by now.

I just like stirring it up a bit. Being in the minority of one (plus a few lurkers who wont say) I need to shout my mouth off a bit to be heard.

Besides, I'm having to fill in time waiting for the damn GS1000's to hit stores. The wait is driving me to distraction, and random posts like my last!!!!

AGGGGHHHH

(ignore the above and carry on with the thread).

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #45 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
An MS-1 HAS been Headphile modded and commented on enthusiastically in these threads!

......done as a comparro with HF-1 I believe.

I suspect that a quick search will find it; but it's what got me going(and going, and going)about getting my MS-1s modded as well. I still may get them a new wooden suit at some point in the future!!

I have a pair that I've had for about a year and a half. I'll try to post some pics when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back