Headphile HD-580/6x0 Replacement Cable!
Aug 29, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

If the headphile cable is on par with cardas, silver dragon, and zu it should be a noticeable improvement over the oehlbach.

I have listened to those cables and I don't think the Headphile cable is on par with Silver Dragon or Zu Cable. However, I can confidently say that it is much better than oehlbach, clou red, and clou blue, and slightly better than the Cardas. I have auditioned/owned the Oehlbach, Clou Red, Clou Blue, Cardas, Headphile, Zu Mobius, Silver Dragon, and Blue Dragon (No Equinox) and the Headphile is cable is one of the better cable but not the best. The title goes to the Silver Dragon and the Mobius depending on your taste of music and preference.

Given its price, the headphile cable is a true bargain.

Sep 5, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #32 of 40
other impressions welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2004 at 8:04 AM Post #34 of 40
My headphile cables haven't burned in yet. Right out of the box, on the HD650 it's making the Cardas V2 sound a little bit dark, muddy, slow, congested, and bloated by comparison - and I'm not a guy who usually has an easy time comparing cables. That's no small feat for any cable (I prefer the Cardas to Equinox, Clou Red, ad Stock), but this one is also the cheapest, and by FAR the most ergonomic - stiffness: not an issue; length: customizable (2.0m is great); microphonics: minimal; look & feel: excellent. I hope it doesn't start sounding worse with burn-in, because right now I'm a happy camper (if you hadn't noticed already) XD
BTW, the difference this cable made was even more drastic with the AKG K340 (had to be soldered on, though).

There is absolutely no reason to waste money on anything else, short of a Silver Dragon or Mobius (both of which I haven't heard).

Sep 21, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #35 of 40
how many hours do your cable have now ?

Mine is about half burning (50hr) , I agree with everything mulveling said .

Moreover , this cable itself has a clear strong point in the bass presentation .

The cable is less upfront then the cardas , gives the hd650 more soundstage -on well recorded tracks ( for ex. some tracks from Vangelis ) the soundstage can get huge -or also monstrous ( this for ex. on Blade Runner sound track ).

The stage is also more relaxed , remaining spacious and defined , but not ultra precise and "aureal" as I hear it happens sometime plugging the Silver Dragon )

There's less "thin" air then the cardas .
There's a bit less detailing of voices and high freq.s , the cables need to finish burning tough
---
Plugging the senn hd650 to the cardas gives not an immediate beatiful feeling in my system , this after having had the headphile for 2-3 hours on . The cardas can sound as crap on some tracks .After adapting (5 minutes) , the hd650 with the cardas plug return to sound normal ( that is very good ) on the same tracks .

more to come here
I'll try a full review when the cable finishes to burn

Aug 31, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #36 of 40
I bump this old thread just to inform you that I just ordered Headphile V2 for my Senns.
smily_headphones1.gif

It'd be nice to hear more comments about it.

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
Todd R of TR Audio mentioned once in a thread in the DIY forum that he could obtain the connectors as a Cardas OEM but not sell them since apparently Cardas retailers can't sell the Senn connectors. Might try PM'g or emailing him about it.

You know what he should do... buy a bunch, then give 'em away and request donations for each one
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back