Headphile DT770 mod - SQ comes from recable or woodie?
May 16, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Both the cable and the wood change/improve sound quality and signature.

I agree 100%. Don't underestimate how much changing the enclosure from plastic to wood can change the sound.

May 16, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Narius
so do u think its worth the $115?

I don't know because I have never heard one. If you really love your DT770s, I would say go for it. I think Skylab has two of them, so that should tell you something. Also, you should check out the 6 moons review.

May 17, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #9 of 26
I also say...the combination of both.

Better cables contribute to more signal getting through, so you hear more of what's on the recording. As for woodies; all I can say is this:

Most of the best speaker systems that I've ever heard, were made from wood. So are a huge number of musical instruments
tongue.gif
. Wood is GOOD!
icon10.gif

May 17, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #10 of 26
by the way...is that $115 for both woodie and cable???
confused.gif

May 17, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #12 of 26
Unless the cable they're installing has something deliberately designed into the topology to attenuate (read: deliver less of) the signal, any change in sound comes completely from the different material of the enclosure.

Whether it's worth it to you is completely individual. You can sell them here for nearly what you paid (I'm guessing) if you don't like it...

May 17, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Narius
nope its $115 for BlackMax 1.0 meter recable

I thought it seemed a bit low for a combo.
tongue.gif

My advice is to save your money, and get both. It'll save you (at the very least, shipping-costs); besides it'll give you time to figure out what kinda wood you wanna set your drivers into
confused.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

I'm looking at the Zebra-wood/Blackmax (2-m), for my Grado 225's, myself
tongue.gif

May 17, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
Unless the cable they're installing has something deliberately designed into the topology to attenuate (read: deliver less of) the signal, any change in sound comes completely from the different material of the enclosure.

Whether it's worth it to you is completely individual. You can sell them here for nearly what you paid (I'm guessing) if you don't like it...

My experience with re-cabling a pair of HD-25-1's tells me otherwise
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back