headfi'ers that excercise: a question!
Aug 3, 2008 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

rei_yano

100+ Head-Fier
I am deciding between several different headphones and I want to know which ones would be the best. I do not want anything that will slip off while walking/jogging and are comfortable. will be using with a sansa clip.

so far these seem interesting: igrado, senn pmx 60 100 or 200 koss sportapro. I would like any type of headphone but neck bands seem like they would be more supportive during lots of movement. Help!!!

nothing that goes in the ear please.

thanks!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 21
SQ wise, the iGrado's are the biz! the PMX60's i tried and they hurt my ears after a surprisingly short amount of time.

just get the iGrado's.

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 21
Seriously get the Koss KSC75 clipons (not the around the head ones!!!) if you don't mind the clip on format. They will stay on during fairly aggressive cardic workouts from experince, have a bass heavy balance which goes well with gym music, and they are fairly low key.

Are cheap too, and come with a lifetime warranty if you stomp them.

Aug 3, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 21
None of the headphones ever worked for me while jogging... Most of them fall off or get uncomfortable when I'm jogging up a hill. Also, they get sweaty and yucky
frown.gif

They best I've been ever been able to do with them is running on the treadmills.

I say try the igrados. But if ksc75s fall off your ears, I wouldn't be too surprised if the igrados did too

Aug 3, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 21
headfi'ers that excercise: a question!
=======================

I didn't know there were any of us!

Aug 3, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, they get sweaty and yucky
frown.gif

Exactly why I use iBuds at the gym. They suck, but they work well in that environment.

Aug 3, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 21
I walk my dog 6 miles a day, 5 days a week, I use my PK1's never a problem.

Aug 4, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rei_yano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the koss ksc75s lol. they fall off unfortunately....

strangely enough, mine used to fall off as well at the gym (weights and running). i resolved this issue by pulling the clips off the headphones and aggressively bending the metal clips before placing them back onto the headphones. mine fit very snugly against my ears now and haven't fallen off since!

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #11 of 21
I run 6.5 miles every 5 days and I wear the Koss KSC75. The trick is to bend the metal clip so it fits snuggly on your ear. I also think music sounds better when it's tight fitting instead of loose. If I had a complaint, it would be the cable is a too long. Even though I usually run the cable under my shirt, sometimes I take my shirt off and the cable slack is a bit excessive.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #12 of 21
awesome thanks for all the suggestions! Im gonna try that trick with my koss ksc75s maybe I wont have to get another pair! alot of people seem to like the igrados. anybody have anything bad to say about em?

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #13 of 21
Headroom has an interesting guide you might find interesting: Exercise - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Koss KSC-75's are pretty highly recommended by them as well, so as you already have them you may as well try and make them fit a little snugger against your ears.

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 21
I just sent mine in today for a new pair. I think I may have snagged the cable somewhere and now the right earphone doesn't work. Anyway, this will be the second time Koss will replace them. You can't get better service for exercise headphones.
smile_phones.gif

I just remembered why I sent the first pair in. It came with an in-line volume control and after many miles of running, my sweat corroded the volume control device. Koss was nice enough to send me pair without the in-line volume control. So, it's good to have the version with no volume control built into the cable.

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoey Peachew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sent mine in today for a new pair. I think I may have snagged the cable somewhere and now the right earphone doesn't work. Anyway, this will be the second time Koss will replace them. You can't get better service for exercise headphones.
smile_phones.gif

I just remembered why I sent the first pair in. It came with an in-line volume control and after many miles of running, my sweat corroded the volume control device. Koss was nice enough to send me pair without the in-line volume control. So, it's good to have the version with no volume control built into the cable.

I believe that Radioshack carries the ones with the volume control built into the cable, whereas Newegg carries the ones without the volume control. At least that was the case with mine, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back