Headfi Meatup - Hackensack NJ -- looking for help and dates
Jul 31, 2015 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

coacharnold

New Head-Fier
Folks,  

I have access to a HUGE space, right on RT 17 in Rochelle Park New Jersey, about a mile from Hackensack.

There is ample parking and enough room for lots of vendors and visitors.

I'm asking for some help here.  You guys give me a date and we'll put it on.

I've got a bunch of hi-end headphone vendors and have access to a lot of home automation folks.  We'd invite pretty much anyone who would want to come.

There's even a cafeteria/kitchen with a ton of room to chill out in.  This space for the time being is available free of charge to me, so lets get it going.

Let me know 

Tim 

Aug 1, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 11
You really have contact with vendors? If so, I would totally be interested, please update with details.

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 11
   Yeah we have contact with a bunch of Audio vendors and Reps to get more vendors.   On top of being an AudioVendor ourselves.  The company I work for is S1Digital.  We manufacture an AudioServer / Streamer that's used in home integration.  We share some space with a high end dealer, Electronic Concepts.

But we have some connections with Gradio, and Audeze, 

We just love audio stuff, and would love to be able to bring a mess of headphone geeks together. 

But we are going to need some help sorting out a date. We tried this about a year ago and couldn't come up with a date that everyone here was going to be happy with.  

Thoughts?

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 11
having more than a few meets myself I'd say you'll never find a date that satisfies all. Aim for the best possible knowing that those that can't make it are pretty vocal. I'd likely be up for attending but meets are funny to get the old guard there needs to be more of a social context and to gain newer members there needs to be vendor excitement. There is nothing like a snowball effect for these things, I'd also be conscious of other events that might conflict like RMAF or other regional meets. I'd shoot for early October and start to publicize vendor participation when you have commitment. 

I'm three hours out but would likely attend if it were more than 12 guys in a room looking at portable gear :wink: 

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #5 of 11
If you guys could stretch to the DC area, maybe you could contribute to the CAF head fi meet on the 30th. I'll link the thread below; it'd be nice to have a reputable dealer set up the meet rather than it be setup by the community and I think everyone there would really appreciate it.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/763389/d-c-area-meet-sunday-august-30-2015-part-of-canmania-capital-audio-fest-caf-2015/30#post_11816096

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #6 of 11
I would be very interested in attending this possible meet-up.  

I don't have experience with planning this kind of meet-up but I came across the New Jersey Audio Society (NJAS) from browsing the web.  From their history, it appears that NJAS has a well-established history, strong organization/membership base and connections with industry.  Maybe you could reach out to someone at NJAS to see if they would be interested in helping to plan a joint meet-up to showcase both stereo (which seems to be their focus) and portable/headphone equipment.  Definitely advertise your access to a large space, industry connections, and potential for new membership in the local audiophile community.

Let me know what you think!

-Alex

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #7 of 11
I would be interested in something that happens in October. By then I'd have more audio equipment and could provide a Lyr 2, Maverick D1, HE-400S, HD650, and Q701.

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #9 of 11
CanJam is on a Saturday in Nov in Stamford, CT.  I wouldn't schedule too close.. I'd like a Sunday-no shopping traffic or after work for people on the road, anyways.

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #10 of 11
Still interested. Just need some details and who is going.

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #11 of 11
if it's on weekends, I may be able to go.
got T1 (1st gen w audeze cable detachable mod) and denon-5000 right now.
going to have the fiio E12 tomorrow, so that's coming with me, as well as E18 and magni 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back