HeadFi Gone Right / Music Alchemist
May 18, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #17 of 17
I think this could have been solved privately. But thanks for the drama :)

No, the cat is pretty much out of the bag on this matter. A couple of years ago, I traded some items (including a NIB Sony XBA-4) for a PSB M4U 8 and TW1 with another member here. The TW1 had slightly less battery life than expected, but the M4U 8 had a 3/4" dent on its ear cup and I tried to see what happened in consequence, but I could not tell what else happened. I eventually traded the M4U 8 to another member here and he later told me that he heard a deep squelching sound with ANC on, but not when ANC was turned off. I eventually realized that the previous owner had someone throw the M4U 8 at him, creating that 3/4" dent on the ear cup and screwing up the ANC circuitry, but decided to not tell me about the matter and just trade the item, like he would eventually forget about the situation and buck his problem item onto someone else. The new owner said it was okay and that he was fine without using the ANC, but with the global pandemic still going on and our own personally ethical situations arising in our forums, it was about that time to talk about this. This forum is to help other people purchase more personal audio equipment and create solutions to problems with their purchases, not to simply pawn off your damaged equipment and act like nothing happened. I am glad we had our situation fixed and this situation is being further situated for you guys, but I wanted to talk about this as a message to treat others as how you should be treated and not to trade others as how others have treated you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back