Headamp store in toronto?
Dec 25, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not that I know of but you can always drop by BayBloor Radio to sample a nice selection of Sennheiser and Grado headphones off their "wall of headphones".

Yeah I already did. So there is no store selling amplifiers huh. I thought that there would be many. So does that mean that headphones don't really need amps?

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I already did. So there is no store selling amplifiers huh. I thought that there would be many. So does that mean that headphones don't really need amps?

Didn't say there are no stores selling them, simply said I don't know of any that let you try them in house.
wink.gif
Do you still need (want) one, yep, definitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try American Sound in Richmond Hill. They had the Pro-Ject Headbox, EAR tube amps, and the Grado RA-1 last time I was there.

Personally didn't like the staff there much and their prices on headphones were through the roof expensive. $280 for HD580, come on! Didn't see any head amps, but I could easily have missed them.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 14
I went to Ovation Audio in Aurora this morning and they had the Shanling PH100 demo on sale. I ended up buying it for $319 + taxes ($399 - 20% for demo unit). They had many other Shanling products there but no PH300 and now no PH100 to demo (you can still buy through them).

Purity Audio (Kicas & Caliente) is located in Toronto. They have a 14 day money back guarantee and I confirmed with them that they will allow local pickups to avoid shipping charges. So you could try it in your home for 2 weeks and return if not satisfied. This is even better than demoing in a store.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally didn't like the staff there much and their prices on headphones were through the roof expensive. $280 for HD580, come on! Didn't see any head amps, but I could easily have missed them.

Really? I thought their price is reasonable, $999 for GS1000 back in April when other dealers were selling them for $1199(at Bay Bloor Radio) and I bought my DacMagic for $369 from them.

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I thought their price is reasonable, $999 for GS1000 back in April when other dealers were selling them for $1199(at Bay Bloor Radio) and I bought my DacMagic for $369 from them.

Awesome, I'm flying in tomorrow and will check it out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Will definitely check out the DacMagic.

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodlum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to Ovation Audio in Aurora this morning and they had the Shanling PH100 demo on sale. I ended up buying it for $319 + taxes ($399 - 20% for demo unit). They had many other Shanling products there but no PH300 and now no PH100 to demo (you can still buy through them).

Purity Audio (Kicas & Caliente) is located in Toronto. They have a 14 day money back guarantee and I confirmed with them that they will allow local pickups to avoid shipping charges. So you could try it in your home for 2 weeks and return if not satisfied. This is even better than demoing in a store.

Everything in Purity audio is out of stock, how do they make them? And how much do the amps cost?

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everything in Purity audio is out of stock, how do they make them? And how much do the amps cost?

They will be making them in batches of 50 now. Keep an eye out for a pre-order list thread in the next couple of weeks. The price is $399. Here is the thread on the amps.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...-kicas-329643/

The amps come with a lifetime warrantee and since they are made in Toronto it would be easy for us Torontonians to get repairs if need be.

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #12 of 14
Toronto home of the audiophile sells PSAudio GCHA's (but doesn't stock them). Lockridge Hifi in Markham also sells some higher end tube amps...

Dec 28, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #13 of 14
Executive Stereo here on Yonge Street south of Eglinton gets amps in from time to time. They also carry Grado and the staff will be happy to talk your ear off about vinyl, especially if it's the balding guy there.

May 27, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #14 of 14
Executive Stereo here on Yonge Street south of Eglinton gets amps in from time to time. They also carry Grado and the staff will be happy to talk your ear off about vinyl, especially if it's the balding guy there.
avoid executive stereo. they refuse legit online orders. then forget to refund the credit card. shady stuff, too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back