HeadAmp Pico Upsampling USB DAC - Pre-Order Now at intro price
May 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #241 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It appears that Justin is sending out shipping notices since I just got one. I am sure all 75 will not be shipped out on the same date since doing it right takes a little time. I think he has said he can send as many as 20 Picos out in a day before.

Well, I'm a dozen posts down from you, so at 20 a day, tomorrow might be a good day.....
dt880smile.png

USG

May 1, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #242 of 466
The late notice in the day yesterday said it would be shipping May 1st which is today. So I will expect it on Saturday since I live 60 miles down the road.

May 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #243 of 466
I think Justin was planning to ship in the order that he received payment. Would be good to have some sort of news (especially as I have a shiny new amp being driven by a DAP 24 hours a day, just in case burn-in makes a difference).

May 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #244 of 466
Quote:

The late notice in the day yesterday said it would be shipping May 1st which is today. So I will expect it on Saturday since I live 60 miles down the road.

Well, I'm only 450 miles down the road.... so maybe Monday?
popcorn.gif

May 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #245 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Justin was planning to ship in the order that he received payment. Would be good to have some sort of news (especially as I have a shiny new amp being driven by a DAP 24 hours a day, just in case burn-in makes a difference).

"After sending payment, please send a PM, email, or note on your order, so that I can match your payment to your Head-Fi user name. The DACs will ship in the order of the Head-Fi sign-up page."

But anyway, I got a shipping notice. Can't wait!

May 1, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #247 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my shipping notice!

Waiting for my shipping notice. My BD is coming up so this will be a good little present for myself.

May 2, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #250 of 466
The Pico-DAC has landed...listening to it now out of my Yamamoto HA-02 and UE9.

Edit...no disappointments here...just as expected a great product.

May 2, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #251 of 466
Quote:

The Pico-DAC has landed...listening to it now our of my Yamamoto HA-02 and UE9.

Edit...no disappointments here...just as expected a great product.

Good news. On my side, I have still not received my shipping notice.
frown.gif

May 3, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #253 of 466
In attempting to think of a reason why the Pico Dac sounds a little different than my Pico Amp/Dac into my Yamamoto HA-02 I ask this question.

What impact does the difference between the amp version being setup for the impedance of a headphone and then feeding an amp instead compared with the impedance that the Dac is seeing when providing a signal straight into an amp?

I think I am hearing a wider sound image from the Dac version compared to the Amp/Dac version. Maybe it is all in my head but this is a great sound.

I now need to set it up to compare it with my Lavry somehow but I am not sure when I will get around to this. Comparisons just don't exite me as they once did. I have, from my prespective, very fine sounding equipment all around that just satisfy me so why bother.

May 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #255 of 466
IMG_1504.jpg

Note my Yamamoto has two inputs so I can switch between the eight inch plug and the RCAs. Don't ask which sounds better since their so close.

IMG_1501.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back