HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Apr 12, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #631 of 730
I have been able to do some more listening to the Pico Power, and I also finally got my Soshine Lithium batteries. These batteries are a little longer than the stock Duracels and are a tight fit. As others here are using them I figure they are not to long and wont do any damage. I also ordered and received my Grado micro cable adaptor for 1/8th to 1/4, depending on which headphones im using.

Source is current iPod Classic 160GB with songs uploaded to iMac at Apple Lossless rate. Very happy with the Pico Power in all areas, though im not qualified to state specifics etc (NEWB) 

with AKG 240, K701 I'm using the middle gain setting.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #632 of 730
It seems like both on this and the impressions threads, the pico power is one of the best portable amplifiers. Hmm... What if out against some of its desktop sized competitors like say the iFi iCan or Graham Slee Novo or Schiit Asgard???

Apr 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #633 of 730
Quote:
It seems like both on this and the impressions threads, the pico power is one of the best portable amplifiers. Hmm... What if out against some of its desktop sized competitors like say the iFi iCan or Graham Slee Novo or Schiit Asgard???

I'm sure as more amps are shipped, positive impressions will continue to surface.  Like I've been saying, I'm super impress with the Pico Power.  Love the form factor, sound quality, and long lasting battery life.  I've been enjoying my R10 out of a Pico Power with a really good results.  

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #634 of 730
I'm sure as more amps are shipped, positive impressions will continue to surface.  Like I've been saying, I'm super impress with the Pico Power.  Love the form factor, sound quality, and long lasting battery life.  I've been enjoying my R10 out of a Pico Power with a really good results.  

So it's basically a portable desktop amp. I was intrigued when my local dealer said the match of the day was lcd3+ pico power and I was like WHAT?? Haha. Maybe I would get my hands on one. If a portable amp can match or be even better than a desktop amp of the same price, wow! Great job, justin right?

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #635 of 730
Quote:
So it's basically a portable desktop amp. I was intrigued when my local dealer said the match of the day was lcd3+ pico power and I was like WHAT?? Haha. Maybe I would get my hands on one. If a portable amp can match or be even better than a desktop amp of the same price, wow! Great job, justin right?

It is depending what desktop amp you are comparing it to.  It certainly doesn't measure up my full size amps, but then I can't take my full size amps every where I go.  However for its size, Justin's Pico Power sounds remarkable and work great with all of my headphones ranging from JH13pro to R10, and Qualia.  Err...this isn't surprising, Justin's products have been nothing but excellent from my experience.

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #636 of 730
Justin, any update for those of us who pre-ordered for a silver Pico Power but are still waiting based on the damage to your silver enclosures???

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #637 of 730
I am waiting for my pre-order silver unit too. According to Justin he should receive new enclosures in about two weeks time. It was last week when he said so. I guess we still have to wait (im)patiently for the silver unit.

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #640 of 730
Quote:
it's coming real soon..i ran out of the first production run after Jan 31 orders. 

Except those "lucky" ones like me who pre-ordered silver unit.....
redface.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #642 of 730
Hi Justin
Please help my two friends S Pita and Pitsel for their missing amp , as you send 3 pico power at the same time on 19 March 2013.
They like your pico amp very much , that's why they miss their pico power

For the 2nd batch in purple colour , when can you start shipping ?
Thank you

Update
My friend Pitsel has received his pico power
But Pita has the same problem has not received his pico power .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back