HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Apr 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #621 of 730
Thanks again Justin, a real home run on this one.  As one of the first adopters, i can say that it is the staple of my portable set up and puts my other to portables to shame.  Great work!
-Dave

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #622 of 730
Quote:
Thanks again Justin, a real home run on this one.  As one of the first adopters, i can say that it is the staple of my portable set up and puts my other to portables to shame.  Great work!
-Dave

I can't second his impression enough.  A terrific sounding amp in a small package.  I love mine.

Btw, I am using the "Maximal Power" 9 volt Li-ion rechargeable batteries that I purchased from Amazon for the Pico Power with an excellent results.  It is well priced and give a really good performance of over 30 hours.  Charging time is slightly over 5 to 6 hours though.

http://www.amazon.com/Maximal-Power-Combo-MaximalPower-Rechargebale/dp/B007VIZRAW/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #623 of 730
Quote:
i'm still waiting for more enclosures, i should have them pretty soon and then i can ship out the remaining pre-orders

Thanks for the update Justin!  Now back to wait mode . . . . . . . . .

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #624 of 730
I received mine on the 27th of march. I have only had the chance to listen to it for about 1 hr due to sorting music to iPod etc. Very happy with the fit and finish of the unit. Great attention to detail. I currently just running the Duracels that came in it. A word of warning that I have found, and also my local hi-fi guy put me on to. Duracels are known to leak bad if left for any period of time, more so than other brands.

Things I have noticed listening with AKG 240, K701, and Im sure most will get a laugh out of this: recording quality varies greatly, I was a little sad with the back ground hiss on Black Sabath's Paranoid. Recording volume also varies.

So for a complete newb, what exactly is "gain" and what are the reasons for changing it. (I can tell that changing it changes output volume)

The only thing I would change if possible, and it may not be something that would fit, is to have a 1/4 jack rather than the 3/8. 3 out of my 4 headphones are hard wired with a 1/4 pin and need an adaptor to reduce it down to 1/8. this means the plug in now becomes almost 4 inches long and creates more leverage on the smaller 1/8th pin/jack. The AKG 240 have a neat set up of a hard wired 1/8 with a screw on 1/4. This means, with the 1/4 on, it is the same size as a normal hard wired 1/4 and unscrew it and its the size of smaller 1/8 plugs which is IMO better for these portable set ups.

I think a small 1/8 - 1/4 adaptor cable will be the go. Can anyone recommend a good brand in this? 

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #626 of 730
Apr 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #627 of 730
Listening to Joe Zawinul.

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #630 of 730
Hi Justin, please response to my email. Thanks.

Hi Justin
Please help my two friends S Pita and Pitsel for their missing amp , as you send 3 pico power at the same time on 19 March 2013.
They like your pico amp very much , that's why they miss their pico power

For the 2nd batch in purple colour , when can you start shipping ?
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back