HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Jan 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #1,141 of 1,464
the problem was i no longer had the time to monitor the situation. on the Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC demos, i will not be providing the address to the next person. The person demoing will be responsible for checking the list and asking the next person for the address. 

Mmk, that sounds reasonable then. I'll probably send a PM to the previous user and the next user when the unit arrives, as well as a PM when I ship the unit.

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,144 of 1,464
  Please remove me from the LCD-X list, thanks Justin.

I'll happily take his place on the list, if it's on the East Coast. I'd love to compare the LCD-X to the LCD-XC.

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #1,146 of 1,464
Received the demos LCD-x. Going thru the obligatory pink noise/music break in.

Did get some initial listening. Seems a hair quicker and more airy then the LCD-3, but not as impactful nor does it have much body.

Initial Impression: Great for critical listening, not so great for emotional listening.

Will post more later.

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #1,147 of 1,464
  Received the demos LCD-x. Going thru the obligatory pink noise/music break in.

Did get some initial listening. Seems a hair quicker and more airy then the LCD-3, but not as impactful nor does it have much body.

Initial Impression: Great for critical listening, not so great for emotional listening.

Will post more later.

Still waiting on my west coast pair. Just saw this notice 
Severe winter weather is causing delays and disruptions in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic U.S. 

So they won't be here in AZ until Tomorrow if I'm lucky. Tracking says it left TN this morning so safe travels and tomorrow should be a great day! 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #1,149 of 1,464
East coast lcdx on its way to the next guy... Shipped it yesterday.

Future reference they weight 6lb according to usps.

Will post complete thoughts later.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #1,150 of 1,464
HD700 is shipped up to hpiper so he's next to last on the list.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the HD700 in a number of ways. The bass is very good fed by a vintage amp, the fit and comfort is amazing and they are the lightest headphones I've ever tried. 

At the right price I think they are a very good open headphone solution. 

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #1,151 of 1,464

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the HD700 in a number of ways. The bass is very good fed by a vintage amp, the fit and comfort is amazing and they are the lightest headphones I've ever tried. 

Oh good. Another good experience with these. I've really enjoyed the overall reaction people have had with them during this demo.

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #1,152 of 1,464
damn, wish I knew about this before hand, I'd have been all over this.

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #1,154 of 1,464
  whats the progress with LCD-XC, BTW how long each of us experiences the demo gears?

4-5 days should be more than enough time. And you are responsible to get a hold of the next person in line to get their address as well. Should be pretty easy though 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #1,155 of 1,464

Yah man totally agree with you there. I feel like they are still very overpriced (MSRP) but all in all they are amazing. Bass quality and quantity was unexpected to say the least and comfort was off the charts. Sale them for $500-$600 MSRP and do sales for closer $400 and you have yourself a great headphone for the money. Pricing up with the TH600 used LCD 2 or more than an HE-500 was kinda foolish because it isn't a flagship but price it inbetween the HE-400 and HE-500 and you have something special. Its a good headphone and once the price comes down a little more or I find a cheaper used pair I think I'll definitely purchase.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

FYI the eagle has landed and the LCD-X are finally in my position. Brand new but there will be no time for burn in so these puppies are getting work right now! Its only been on my head for an hour but in short 

I love them... 

That is all for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back