HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Dec 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #1,069 of 1,464
  If it helps organizing the XC list a bit, I won't be available from the 25th of december to around the 5th of january-- new york trip.

On that same note (assuming I got on the list, lol) I'll be out from the 27th through the 4th.

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,071 of 1,464
  HD700's are finally in my hands!! I have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised. I like these things a heck of a lot more than I thought I would. Comfort is amazing clarity detail you name it, they have it all. Bass is lighter than I normally prefer but its still not bad in any way. Very accurate and sounds great with certain types more than others of course. 

Happy camper 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Hi DemonFox,

What's the status of the HD700?  I'm looking forward to trying them out.  Thank you.

Sean

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,073 of 1,464
Guys don't make Justin have to ask in the thread about the status of a headphone. We need to be in touch with him and not delaying the progress. Come on guys!

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #1,074 of 1,464
How long does each person get for the touring headphone? The HD700 has been out since June 29, which was nearly 6 months ago (162 days as of December 7).

14 people have had the HD700, so 162 days / 14 people = 11.6 days per person

That seems like quite a long time for a headphone tour. mrspeakers only allotted 3-4 days per person on the Alpha Dog tour, which costs less than the HD700, and communication for that headphone amongst tour participants seems much better.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #1,075 of 1,464
With shipping time, which often lands on the weekend and thus takes longer, we've probably been averaging about 5-6 days each of actual demo time. I don't necessarily see that as much of an issue unless Justin tells us things are going too slow. I think we just need to keep in communication with him and do our best to move things along as quickly as possible. For the most part I think its been going pretty well but we could do better.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #1,076 of 1,464
With shipping time, which often lands on the weekend and thus takes longer, we've probably been averaging about 5-6 days each of actual demo time. I don't necessarily see that as much of an issue unless Justin tells us things are going too slow. I think we just need to keep in communication with him and do our best to move things along as quickly as possible. For the most part I think its been going pretty well but we could do better.

Oh maybe that's why?

The touring Alpha Dog is on day 59 with the 10th person in the list.
I said 3-4 since we typically shipped them on Monday and had 3-day flat-rate shipping, I believe.

Still, communication with the HeadAmp tours seem to be pretty minimal as people are often asking who has the unit; not to mention a certain *almost* lost one. :/

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #1,077 of 1,464
I received the HD700 today.  Thank you so much Justin for putting together this program where we can try out these headphones with our own gear at home.  I've been telling friends/coworkers about the headphones and your program and they are just amazed that somebody would do that. 

When I opened the well-packed package I was very impressed with the condition of the headphones.  Not only did I not see any marks/dings on the headphones themselves, but even the earpads looked brand new.  I posted a few cameraphone pictures below. 

They HD700 are extremely comfortable on my head.  I am surprised that they might actually be more comfortable than my also very comfortable HD650.  I definitely like the cord better on the HD700 as it seems to have longer cords between the L/R headphone entry and the V split.  I've also had no issues with wearing glasses the entire time I've worn the headphones. 

Initially, I listened on an Audioengine D1 that I had at work.  It sounded nice.  For the most part, I thought the headphones were a little bit mellow. . .but the treble did kick up a bit on some tracks.  It didn't bother me as much as the treble on the HE-400...but I don't have those any more to compare side by side. 

When I got home, I listened to some FLAC files on my Uber Bifrost/Lyr combo.  I think the soundstage was a little bigger. . .but it might just be the different tracks I listened to or my imagination.  The sound is very pleasing with the exception of the occasional times the treble gets to be a little too much.  I can see where some people might find them a little light in the bass but I don't have a problem with it at all.  It does seem to snap a bit tighter than the bass in other headphones.  Can't wait to listen to some more.

Edited to fix typos/grammar, 12/11/13 

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #1,078 of 1,464
For me HD700's soundstage is much bigger thanHD650 plus instrument separation is much better because of it and it's with WA7, I got Schiit stack after HD650 were already gone, but still after adjusting to HD700 I can't go back to HD650 so I sold them

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #1,080 of 1,464
Its like waiting for christmas! before waiting for christmas! 

Quote:
  just an update -- i will start the audeze demos real soon. just need to figure out the first person to ship to and then i can sort out the rest over the following 5 days

Almost there....
very_evil_smiley.gif

I also tell me friends about this opportunity and they are shocked! First, that there are headphones this expensive and second, that a vendor would actually lend these out to roughly 2 dozen members on a forum.. Wow the HD700 will be the 5th headphone that I've had the opportunity to audition thanks to justin.. I hope the next audeze will be my 6th! THANKS JUSTIN! 

I really need to get a nice (OTL) tube amp to compare with my O2 with different headphones. :frowning2: 

Quote:

I received the HD700 today.  Thank you so much Justin for putting together this program where we can try out these headphones with our own gear at home.  I've been telling friends/coworkers about the headphones and your program and they are just amazed that somebody would do that. 

When I opened the well-packed package I was very impressed with the condition of the headphones.  Not only did I not see any marks/dings on the headphones themselves, but even if the earpads looked brand new.  I posted a few cameraphone pictures below. 

They HD700 are extremely comfortable on my head.  I am surprised that they might actually be more comfortable than my also very comfortable HD650.  I definitely like the cord better on the HD700 as it seems to have longer cords between the L/R headphone entry and the V split.  I've also had no issues with wearing glasses the entire time I've word the headphones. 

Initially, I listened on an Audioengine D1 that I had at work.  It sounded nice.  For the most part, I thought the headphones were a little bit mello. . .but the treble did kick up a bit on some tracks.  It didn't bother me as much as the treble HE-400...but I don't have those any more to compare side by side. 

When I got home, I listened to some FLAC files on my Uber Bifrost/Lyr combo.  I think the soundstage was a little bigger. . .but it might just be the different tracks I listened to or my imagination.  The sound is very pleasing with the exception of the occasional times the treble gets to be a little too much.  I can see where some people might find them a little light in the bass but I don't have a problem with it at all.  It does seem to snap a bit tighter than the bass in other headphones.  Can't wait to listen to some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back