HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Jan 14, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #61 of 1,464
Quote:

Mal,

You need to try the HE-6 with the mini X..

I would if I could get my hands on an HE-6. People used to try to give them away practically. But ever since the price drop on the HE-500, the HE-6's sales dried up and are sticking to $1.2k it seems. Used to be able to get deals where someone wanted to trade HE500 for HE-6 straight up. I'd borrow an HE-6 if someone would lend to me. But for now, I don't want to own several high-ends since it's too hard to actually sell them reliably.

Very best,

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #63 of 1,464
Heya,

I'm in.

Hrm.. which to choose. LCD2 for me. I used them, but I didn't get to try HE500 & LCD2 together at the same time. Would love to do that again on my new tube-dac & speaker amp setup.

I think it's hilarious that people are arguing over shipping and worried about cost. You're trying a flagship headphone and asked to ship it for like a few dollars. Come on people. I'd pay $100 to borrow a headphone that costs 10 times that for a few days and not be bound to owning it. Think of it like a bar-tab. Sheesh.

Sweet Demo, thanks Justin.

Very best,

Amen to that!!

PM sent, Form filled out, and fingers crossed I get the LCD-2's!! I've wanted to hear these for the longest and see how they compare to my current cans. This is perfect, I wanted to buy them but can't spend that kind of money without ever hearing them so this will give me the opportunity to audition them and see how the handle themselves. Very excited!

Thanks again Justin

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #65 of 1,464
Thanks Justin! I sent you a PM and application yesterday.
Will you choose people based on first come first serve, post count, or geographical location within the US? 
I hope to be able to hear the LCD-2s to compare to my Mad Dogs, as I've heard they sound very similar :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #67 of 1,464
I submitted my info, but are there any stipulations that may prevent someone from participating or being allowed to demo them?    What would qualify a person to be selected/allowed for a demo? Feedback rating?  post count or length of membership?

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #69 of 1,464
Quote:
I submitted my info, but are there any stipulations that may prevent someone from participating or being allowed to demo them?    What would qualify a person to be selected/allowed for a demo? Feedback rating?  post count or length of membership?

I'm just gonna assume a sketchy user or two won't make the cut.

Username: LOL FREE HEADPHONES

See that user might not get any.

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #71 of 1,464
Quote:

I would if I could get my hands on an HE-6. People used to try to give them away practically. But ever since the price drop on the HE-500, the HE-6's sales dried up and are sticking to $1.2k it seems. Used to be able to get deals where someone wanted to trade HE500 for HE-6 straight up. I'd borrow an HE-6 if someone would lend to me. But for now, I don't want to own several high-ends since it's too hard to actually sell them reliably.

Very best,

i do have an open box HE-6 available here: http://www.headamp.com/order/returns.htm

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #72 of 1,464
You should post up how many people have signed up for each pair of headphones....that way we can change if too many people are trying to demo one can (LCD 2). Cause really, I'd like to demo any of these.

I guess that could be pretty chaotic though...

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #73 of 1,464
I get the feeling the LCD-2 waiting list is gonna be very long.  People borrowing it are probably going to get a week at max.

Quote:

I think it's hilarious that people are arguing over shipping and worried about cost. You're trying a flagship headphone and asked to ship it for like a few dollars. Come on people. I'd pay $100 to borrow a headphone that costs 10 times that for a few days and not be bound to owning it. Think of it like a bar-tab. Sheesh.

There's always the cable company's headphone loaner program as well.  I think there's a reason why people are up in arms over this and not that one as much, because the 10% of high end headphones actually means something to a lot of people.  For that, I am very grateful to Justin, it means a lot to us.  I personally don't rack up 1000 dollars at the bar :p

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #74 of 1,464
Hey Justin

Any reasons why only Audeze LCD3 can only be sent in the US?

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #75 of 1,464
Quote:
Thanks Justin! I sent you a PM and application yesterday.
Will you choose people based on first come first serve, post count, or geographical location within the US? 
I hope to be able to hear the LCD-2s to compare to my Mad Dogs, as I've heard they sound very similar :)

Quote:

I would like to know this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back