HeadAmp.com Gilmore V2-SE Pics
Jul 27, 2003 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

akar

500+ Head-Fier
I took a few pictures just in case anyone was curious about what it looked like.
front-close1.jpg

front-top2.jpg

back1.jpg

back-top1.jpg

Jul 27, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 28
That sucker is beautiful, inside and out!!!!

Jul 27, 2003 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 28
Wow, thats a beauty! I love the look of that toroidal transformer!
tongue.gif
Or whatever its called...

By the way, a noob question: What does active, passive and loop out mean?

Jul 27, 2003 at 11:01 PM Post #6 of 28
It sounds every bit as good as it looks too. The se is an especially good match for my grado sr-225s, no suprise here; but it brings up the somewhat lightweight low end of my dt 880s making it a great match for that headphone as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #8 of 28
I am using Senn HD600s w/Cardas cable, Grado 225s w/vwap pads and Beyer DT770s.

I had been using the HD580 w/Cardas cable when I had the Gilmore V1.
So I kind of knew what to expect, and that is why I made the jump to both the V2-SE and the HD600.
I had a sound I really enjoyed, but I wanted to get the most out of it that I could.

I recently added the Grado 225s based on some recommendations from several head-fiers.
And I must say that I am very impressed by the V2-SE and Grado 225 pairing.

Active Out- Signal goes through the amplifier circuit and volume is controlled by the stepped attenuator.
Passive Out- Signal does not go through the amplifier circuit and volume is controlled by the stepped attenuator.
Loop Out- Signal just passes through and is not affected by the amplifier circuit or the stepped attenuator.
I think that's right.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The lettering on the V2-SE is all engraved, not silkscreened as previously reported.

Jul 28, 2003 at 4:37 PM Post #14 of 28
I think Justin should have named this amp "The Beast". It has pure brute force, and power like no other headphone amp I have heard. The grip, control, detail, and texture in the bass surpasses any other amp I have heard with the HD-600s. If I were to guess how much the V2-SE costs by sound alone, without knowing ahead of time, I would of guessed 3 times the asking price. This is by far the best sounding solid-state amp I have heard in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back