Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Sep 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #3,976 of 9,888
  I think faster transients get misinterpreted for brightness.

I know what you mean (I think), but I would put it differently:

Faster transients should mean a less bright sound. I.e. that the transient is handled exactly right, without overshoot, overhang or ringing. When a component appears to put emphasis on transients, i.e. appears brighter, it is probably due to some combination of overshoot, overhang or ringing.

I have no idea where the 009 fits into this, but I don't think the BHSE has a problem in this area - at least not with the right tubes :wink:

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #3,978 of 9,888
:mad::mad:

My BHSE #47 Have return to Justin for repair for almost 4 Months already. When can it be back?

I will be out of town on Oct for months. and this is the 2nd time my BHSE fail on same problem. Is there any better way to settle the Problem?

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #3,980 of 9,888
Months away from home, corrosion on the plugs, angry to not get the amp back just before leaving, humm... Can I guess this BHSE is crossing the oceans the slow way?

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #3,982 of 9,888
Of cos no water on it. salt or un salt.

I am even run it near by my bed and have air cond on.

but it is true that Hong Kong have a wet weather, but not in my bed room. And bhse is the only amp I have fail in this 2 years.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #3,985 of 9,888
Maybe the #47 really need a details test. Also it is really out off time. Shippment to HongKong already need a week.

May Justin keep the amp and ship it on late Nov? I back to Hong Kong on Nov.

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #3,989 of 9,888
For anyone who's got a fully discrete balanced DAC that includes both XLR and RCA. Have you tried connecting both at the same time to BHSE, and use the toggle switch (input) to compare the sound on the fly? I'm leaning towards RCA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back