Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Aug 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #3,766 of 9,899
i plan to post a photo update sometime in the next week that will show exactly where assembly is right now.  it should be very informative

Could you please do the same in the GS-X mk2 thread Justin? Thanks! <3

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #3,767 of 9,899
Sigh...I wish they had a lay-by or pay in installments at headamp.
[/quote]

They actually do in a kind of indirect way but it requires some self-disciplined financial planning:

You place your 25% (refundable) deposit to order a BHSE. After that you should (will) have a good solid year, or close to it, to procure the remaining balance before shipment.

So while you cannot send installments directly to HeadAmp, simply create your own dedicated savings, escrow type account and make consistent payments each month for the remaining balance into said account.

As you can see this is where the self-discipline aspect comes into play, but often times there is invariably some other gear that you may currently own and thus be motivated to sell to help fund the cause.

Not that I am in the market for a second unit but I did happen to notice on HeadAmp's site that the base price is now $1375 (25%) x 4 = $5,500 and the version with Alps RK50 upgrade is $1625 (25%) x 4 = $6,500. So it looks like a $500 increase for the next run, still one of the best (relative) values in high-end audio as far as build-quality, sound and overall design is concerned.

A quite special piece built with the finest materials by a very technically astute, passionate perfectionist..well worth saving up for in my opinion.

Happy Listening!

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #3,770 of 9,899
Quote:

They actually do in a kind of indirect way but it requires some self-disciplined financial planning:

You place your 25% (refundable) deposit to order a BHSE. After that you should (will) have a good solid year, or close to it, to procure the remaining balance before shipment.

So while you cannot send installments directly to HeadAmp, simply create your own dedicated savings, escrow type account and make consistent payments each month for the remaining balance into said account.

As you can see this is where the self-discipline aspect comes into play, but often times there is invariably some other gear that you may currently own and thus be motivated to sell to help fund the cause.

Not that I am in the market for a second unit but I did happen to notice on HeadAmp's site that the base price is now $1375 (25%) x 4 = $5,500 and the version with Alps RK50 upgrade is $1625 (25%) x 4 = $6,500. So it looks like a $500 increase for the next run, still one of the best (relative) values in high-end audio as far as build-quality, sound and overall design is concerned.

A quite special piece built with the finest materials by a very technically astute, passionate perfectionist..well worth saving up for in my opinion.

Happy Listening![/quote]

I forgot to factor in build time...I see. That is an interesting way of looking at it. I do however, want to single out - you said refundable? That's quite a risk on headamp's behalf isn't it? 

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #3,771 of 9,899
Not really. There are always others to take the slots :)

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #3,772 of 9,899
Quote:

I paid in installments for my BHSE, don't see why anyone else couldn't. I can't remember for sure but I think I had my BHSE 100% paid up in advance of Justin's final call for payment? I used a combo of PayPal and personal check and Justin was flexible enough to accommodate both payment types. The "About HeadAmp" page even mentions it: http://www.headamp.com/about/index.htm

Btw, for those who didn't already know, the LED color can be customized on BHSE and GS-X amps. Just because blue is the default doesn't mean you have to get blue!
ph34r.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #3,774 of 9,899
Quote:

I paid in installments for my BHSE, don't see why anyone else couldn't. I can't remember for sure but I think I had my BHSE 100% paid up in advance of Justin's final call for payment? I used a combo of PayPal and personal check and Justin was flexible enough to accommodate both payment types. The "About HeadAmp" page even mentions it: http://www.headamp.com/about/index.htm

Btw, for those who didn't already know, the LED color can be customized on BHSE and GS-X amps. Just because blue is the default doesn't mean you have to get blue!
ph34r.gif

What did you change yours to if at all? Btw does headamp send you saucy pics of the amp's progress?

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #3,777 of 9,899
Quote:
What did you change yours to if at all? Btw does headamp send you saucy pics of the amp's progress?

I didn't change mine but the option was there at the time. Clearly not anymore, I stand corrected by Justin.
redface.gif
I did get an alternate LED color once on an AE-2 though - I wanted green because the AE-1 used green, and I don't like red LEDs either (they look too "scary" to me).

HeadAmp did not send pics of the build progress. Geez, Justin already posts enough pics & updates on Head-Fi, what more do you guys want?! Do you want him building your amps or not?
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #3,779 of 9,899
Quote:
please don't ask to change the LED color..the circuit boards with the LEDs are already assembled, i'd have to change it, and then make sure it goes on the correct amp, which wont happen since I can't do that kind of thing myself anymore

Can you change mine to pink? 
wink.gif

'sif.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back