Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jul 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #3,694 of 9,902
Quote:
You fail at adding constructive posts to this thread and use it more often to denigrate others. Not to say that you haven't added info to this thread at other times, but I for one am tired of seeing your constant denigration of various Head-Fi members who are just asking questions

I don't do it for ****s and giggles; this one particular individual is easily the most passive-aggressive annoying person on the interwebs,

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #3,695 of 9,902
Asr has a point.
wink.gif

And just in case you were in doubt Beefy: aggressive-aggressive is no better than what you perceive as being “passive-aggressive.” 

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #3,696 of 9,902
For those interested in the Psvane EL34PH's my experience with them ended at 140 hours when one of the four tubes crackled then flashed with a loud pop, tripping my 2013 Jolida 320CRC, off. Two other brands of tubes with about 500 combined hours had no issues with the same amp, all using the stock fuse.

The EL34PH that popped had been glowing noticeably brighter from day one than the other three in it's matched quad.

A different tube, only one from the same quad set, had what looked like sea foam (it's glue) bubbling out of a large portion of it's seam between the glass and brass-coloured base.

I've returned all four Psvane's back to China now and haven't decided yet whether to replace them with the same or try a set of Psvane 6CA7-TII's or wait for the Shuguang Natural Sound 6CA7 equivalent to come available.

Considering the broken pin(s) issue, as well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have quality control concerns with the new EL34PH's.

For what it's worth, they sounded outstanding before one broke.

Jul 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #3,697 of 9,902
I've also had to return my 4 day old Psvane EL34 quads for a replacement. I had a distinct mechanical rattle in two tubes from my set, noticed whilst installing. These two tubes buzzed intermittently during play, if they went quiet, I could gently tap the amp to set them off buzzing again.
I am disappointed now, as they sound amazingly good... bewildered, I can clearly see quality issues, but they sound incredibly good. I may decide to sell my replacement set and stick to my original plan and look for some Blackburn Mullards.

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #3,698 of 9,902
I've never had anything but good times with my SED winged C.
Highly recommended from a sound and quality perspective.

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #3,699 of 9,902
Quote:
I've also had to return my 4 day old Psvane EL34 quads for a replacement.

This is atrocious, really. You might expect pot luck from untested commodity NOS tubes, but from a product like this?

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #3,700 of 9,902
Quote:
Quote:
You fail at adding constructive posts to this thread and use it more often to denigrate others. Not to say that you haven't added info to this thread at other times, but I for one am tired of seeing your constant denigration of various Head-Fi members who are just asking questions

I don't do it for ****s and giggles; this one particular individual is easily the most passive-aggressive annoying person on the interwebs,

Mouse over their user name. Click on "Block member". Nobody wants to read about it.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #3,701 of 9,902
One tube from my quad of Psvane EL34PH's also crackled untouched then 'clipped' wildly upon the softest tap to its top when I went to reproduce what had tripped my amp off.

Kinda unnerving for a $400 set of newly manufactured tubes with less than 150 hours on them to perform like this, and shipping to and from China with duty isn't free.

Currently a young set of Svetlana Winged C's are working very well for me, too.

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #3,702 of 9,902
I have experienced many good hours from my Sed Winged "C" EL34s, in 2 speaker amps, and my Shugang Treasure 6CA7 tubes for more than a year in my current amp. If I get another quad, it might be the TII set. Stock tubes, then the Winged 'C' quad, might be just fine for me for a while

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #3,704 of 9,902
I've never had anything but good times with my SED winged C.
Highly recommended from a sound and quality perspective.

I also have the SED winged C's which I've been using with my BHSE for about a year without a problem, but the posts I've read saying about the improvement in SQ the EL34PH gives did provoke my interest in a quad, however the posts about their build quality is telling me to stay away from them.

Jul 29, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #3,705 of 9,902
Quote:

Don't be such a lazy git, and just buy a set yourself. Stop asking Justin to hold your hand for EVERY DAMN THING.

If I can avoid buying two or three sets of different EL34 tubes, and directly get those considered the best, factory tuned, EL34s, I think this is a good solution. In addition, I can't see how I could guess what the Shuguang option price will be... only Justin knows. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back