Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Nov 24, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #436 of 9,899
There was a delay in the previous batch also. Justin made extensive tests of the amps and maybe some final finishing. I appreciate that very much as mine was transported overseas and careless assembly and untested amps is something I definitely not want. Understand that you are eager to get it and hope it will arrive to you soon!

Nov 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #437 of 9,899

Quote:
There was a delay in the previous batch also. Justin made extensive tests of the amps and maybe some final finishing. I appreciate that very much as mine was transported overseas and careless assembly and untested amps is something I definitely not want. Understand that you are eager to get it and hope it will arrive to you soon!

As Anders indicates, once the units were finished Justin put them through, I believe, 50 on and off cycles before he shipped them and that does take some time.  That might also include correcting any anomalies that might arise during that testing.

Better to get it right before shipment than have to deal with returns.

The BHSE is worth the wait.  And that from someone who was more impatient than most on this board.

JHellow

Dec 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #439 of 9,899
I just made deposit for BHSE w/RK50 yesterday (Dec 5).  Any idea about waiting time?  I just hope to receive mine when C32 become available though >_<

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #441 of 9,899

Quote:
I ordered the same amp on 11/17/10, at that time Justin told me 4-6 months.

I havn't been contacted by Justin yet but I hope we are in the same batch :)  

I was a bit frustrated when I start this hobby couple months ago.  It seem everything need waiting time unlike speakers where everthing readily available and plenty used on Agon.  My first amp ZDT, my first DAC APL Hi-Fi, my 2nd headphone LCD2, now I'm still waiting for ED10.

I get accustom to waiting now and the excitement to see TNT show up at my door step is quite enjoyable =) 

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #442 of 9,899

Quote:
Quote:
I ordered the same amp on 11/17/10, at that time Justin told me 4-6 months.

I havn't been contacted by Justin yet but I hope we are in the same batch :)  

I was a bit frustrated when I start this hobby couple months ago.  It seem everything need waiting time unlike speakers where everthing readily available and plenty used on Agon.  My first amp ZDT, my first DAC APL Hi-Fi, my 2nd headphone LCD2, now I'm still waiting for ED10.

I get accustom to waiting now and the excitement to see TNT show up at my door step is quite enjoyable =) 

Your order might not generated a message from Justin.  If you have questions about delivery estimates I would email him directly. I used his Contact Us email, justin@headamp.com 

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #443 of 9,899
Thanks.  I email Justin as you suggested :)

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #445 of 9,899
Much smaller market with more esoteric products, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbonsakura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #446 of 9,899

Quote:
Much smaller market with more esoteric products, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbonsakura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't feel they are esoteric but rather high quality build and finish with prices to match.  IMHO, most products are from entrepreneurs where designers/owners assembly the products themselves. It just difference practice from home audio industry where products are assembly in production then QC  by designers/engineers.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #447 of 9,899
@Larry I have you received your amp already? Justin's supposed to start on the next batch next week. I'm just curious, as i'm lined up to be shipped to first after the mid dec batch as per justin's word. Been waiting since 14th May '10
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #448 of 9,899
No, I have not received my unit yet, nor have I gotten any word from Justin on a shipping date.  I suspect that ANY statement made about future plans/delivery schedules, LIKE ALL previous statements, will be grossly off the mark.

Has anyone in the queue, aside from those given privileged treatment, received a unit in under two years of wait?

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #449 of 9,899
Just curious.  How many people are waiting for BHSE?

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #450 of 9,899
the BHSE is amazing with the O2 but ordering one with the absurd wait times is such a put off. i considered it a while back but decided against. as lovely sounding as the BHSE is, i do not regret that decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back