Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Feb 20, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #9,586 of 9,899
I was wondering about this myself. Of course the rumored price puts it out of my budget for now.

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #9,588 of 9,899
I thought I read 10-12 K. Could be wrong, but that is what I remember.

Mar 30, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #9,589 of 9,899
1F3BDE8A-96EE-4B8C-B98F-EE912E92529B.jpeg Sea Wolf,

Looks like the BHSE will start out in my home office. I have an L shaped computer desk/ hutch setup with the corner of the L being at a 45 degree angle. That 45 degree section of the shelf is about 11 inches wide and deep. Because of the 45 degree angle, the wall’s corner sits back about 1.5 feet, so I have room to recess the amp to a degree. The amp will sit on it.

If the amp’s front to rear foot dimension is 10 inches or less, I can use the shelf in its present form. Otherwise I have to build a platform for it to extend beyond the shelf, finish it to match the rest of the desk, then bolt it on to support the weight.

The shelf in question is directly above my little Guy’s head where the Sony DST controller and pictures are sitting.

Another option is where the bottom printer on the right is sitting- but that’s a pretty active area with the main printer above it, and I can envision the wife breaking a tube while doing printing/faxing work. I think the original spot keeps the tubes better out of harm’s way and allows for better ventilation.

And yes, that is my original back up Bose system under the monitor- just in case my Yggy, Rag, and LS50s go down!!!

Thanks. DSNORD
One like for your little guy who looks like the he's a really good boi

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #9,590 of 9,899
Customer just shared us these awesome shots of their BHSE all set up with the @mrspeakers Voce

InstallationFar_X.jpeg
InstallationNearPhones_x.jpeg

Last edited:
HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Apr 4, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #9,591 of 9,899
^^^ ..just absolutely gorgeous.

Apr 11, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #9,592 of 9,899
Hi,

I once owned a preamp with a 1 dB stepped attenuator. I did not like the quantum jumps in volume as there were many times when the lower step was just a bit too soft and the higher step was just a bit too aggressive. So I then decided that I would not purchase any dact-type volume controls again. But that was before I had a DAC with level control in my system. Now a stepped attenuator would not matter to me as I only use the DAC's volume conrol via remote. My BHSE has the Alps, but the only time I now use it is when switching between my 009's and VOCE headphones to set my preferred initial volume level.
I read you own both the 009 and Voce. Curious, how much time do you spend with each? Do you prefer one over the other? Choose one over the other for specific genre of music? Finally do they compliment each other by owning both or in hindsight you should have only owned one, otherwise any regrets? Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #9,593 of 9,899
I read you own both the 009 and Voce. Curious, how much time do you spend with each? Do you prefer one over the other? Choose one over the other for specific genre of music? Finally do they compliment each other by owning both or in hindsight you should have only owned one, otherwise any regrets? Thanks.
How does your 2018 Audi TTRS sound though?

Apr 11, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #9,594 of 9,899
Probably like “Music to his ears.”
🤣

Apr 13, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #9,595 of 9,899
The 009 with BHSE is my favorite listening combo. The frequency extention, speed, transparency and air are great. And the soundstage is the best of all my headphones. They excel with large classical pieces but are very nice with most all genres. If I desire more impact with rock albums I would use the VOCE/BHSE. But my Pass HPA-1 with Focal Utopia my first choice for rock. For electronic my Pass/HiFiMan HEKse is normally chosen. If I want isolation I plug my Focal Stellia into the Pass. But in the end I do listen to all my headphones. Depends on my mood, the chosen album, ambient noise, room temperature, time available, desired comfort level, etc. So I listen to them all and enjoy each for its own unique presentation. Just like selecting a different ice cream flavor from time to time, each can be equally enjoyed. I would never only own just one, I need them all!

Apr 13, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #9,597 of 9,899
My Perun Rock is not to be trifled with. Has dual diaphragms in each cup.

Attachments

• PXL_20210406_001434059.jpg
    PXL_20210406_001434059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 13, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #9,598 of 9,899
Those things are huge! More info please. Never heard of anything like those.

Apr 13, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #9,599 of 9,899
Does anyone know what's involved with changing the faceplates, ie from silver to say blue as an example. From what I can see it is just 4 bolts to each panel and therefore an easy changeover.
I asked about purchasing different faceplates and HeadAmp wasn’t too enthusiastic about selling them to me. But maybe they will now.

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #9,600 of 9,899
Those things are huge! More info please. Never heard of anything like those.
Perun is a Russian custom estat company. They only make two but color is main choice. So I went with electric blue. The wood grain shows through. The Rock is light as a feather and don't clamp the head. The headphone has two electrostatic drivers pair side. Website sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back