This could be either:-

A/

or,
B/

Let's hope it's an A  
wink_face.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #7,038 of 9,902
update -

there will be a large BHSE shipment next week of both 115v and 230v amps. after this, i will see what i have left and work down the list of deposits if there are extra amps

the next batch -

powder coated parts were picked up last week, and assembly is underway on the next batch. As of right now the next batch is 90% sold. however, anyone who has placed a deposit, plus the next few, will be receiving a BHSE from this batch

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Apr 5, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #7,039 of 9,902
  update -

there will be a large BHSE shipment next week of both 115v and 230v amps. after this, i will see what i have left and work down the list of deposits if there are extra amps

the next batch -

powder coated parts were picked up last week, and assembly is underway on the next batch. As of right now the next batch is 90% sold. however, anyone who has placed a deposit, plus the next few, will be receiving a BHSE from this batch

There you go folks. Everybody who has ordered an amp will be getting one "shortly", meaning as soon as they can be reasonably built. Probably the next six months to a year. Plus there's room for new orders in this batch. 

Now can we please stop the "when will it be ready?" comments, just for a little while? :)

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #7,040 of 9,902
  update -

the next batch -

Very good progress going on there Justin.. 

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #7,041 of 9,902

Yes, I'm populating all the 450 listed parts on the circuit board, and using Sanyo parts. 

Engage! 

your 450 vac secondaries will result a more heat dissipated from the supply, it's been documented that 450V dc only requires 425V secondaries

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #7,042 of 9,902
  your 450 vac secondaries will result a more heat dissipated from the supply, it's been documented that 450V dc only requires 425V secondaries

OT: Now I'm confused again, thrown off by rail voltage versus secondaries. I've searched the KGSSHV thread but it's still not clear, other than there's a 450VDC and a 500VDC version. 

Can you tell me, what secondary is used for the 450VDC version, and which for the 500VDC?

Now I'm suspecting, 400VAC secondary (or something) for 450VDC, and 450VAC secondary for 500VDC. 

Best regards and thanks!

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #7,043 of 9,902
Looks like you should start your own thread for this...
OT: Now I'm confused again, thrown off by rail voltage versus secondaries. I've searched the KGSSHV thread but it's still not clear, other than there's a 450VDC and a 500VDC version. 

Can you tell me, what secondary is used for the 450VDC version, and which for the 500VDC?

Now I'm suspecting, 400VAC secondary (or something) for 450VDC, and 450VAC secondary for 500VDC. 

Best regards and thanks!

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #7,045 of 9,902
Apr 10, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #7,047 of 9,902
Over the last few weeks, the SQ from my 009 / BHSE had changed ( less dynamic ) so I decided to change the quad of PH tubes I was using, and put in the second quad I'd got.
And the SQ sounds to be back to how it was when I first started using the first quad, so it sounded like that first quad were ready for packing up.

I'd been using that first quad for over a year, but I haven't been using my BHSE everyday, in fact there were times I only listened to it 2 or 3 times aweek.
So if I'd been using the BHSE more often, then those PH's might've not lasted as long.

While I'm happy with the SQ from my 009 / BHSE using the PH's, for what those tubes cost I'd have expected them to last a lot longer.
So, I've decided that once this second quad packs up, I won't bother getting anymore, I will however try and get hold of a quad of the Mullard or Holland XF4DD's I'm reading good things about.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #7,048 of 9,902
Over the last few weeks, the SQ from my 009 / BHSE had changed ( less dynamic ) so I decided to change the quad of PH tubes I was using, and put in the second quad I'd got.
And the SQ sounds to be back to how it was when I first started using the first quad, so it sounded like that first quad were ready for packing up.

I'd been using that first quad for over a year, but I haven't been using my BHSE everyday, in fact there were times I only listened to it 2 or 3 times aweek.
So if I'd been using the BHSE more often, then those PH's might've not lasted as long.

While I'm happy with the SQ from my 009 / BHSE using the PH's, for what those tubes cost I'd have expected them to last a lot longer.
So, I've decided that once this second quad packs up, I won't bother getting anymore, I will however try and get hold of a quad of the Mullard or Holland XF4DD's I'm reading good things about.

Hopefully you will have much better luck with your new tubes.  One of my Shuguang Black Treasure tube also died within three months.  The NOS tubes have proven to be very solid and reliable so far for the last 1.5 years.  Knock on wood!

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #7,049 of 9,902
This talk about the BHSE and failing tubes makes me wonder if it drives them particularly hard. I think these tubes are/were more commonly used for PA or guitar amps, for a headphone amp they should be more robust. Unless the new production is really that poor, or the circuit runs hot. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #7,050 of 9,902
  This talk about the BHSE and failing tubes makes me wonder if it drives them particularly hard. I think these tubes are/were more commonly used for PA or guitar amps, for a headphone amp they should be more robust. Unless the new production is really that poor, or the circuit runs hot. 

I think the quality control on the new tubes are not as good as it should be.  I've read of Psvane & Shuguang Black Treasure tubes problems in the past. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back